10 weeks post op and stomach is playing tricks on me

staceyp1105
on 2/27/14 10:37 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

This is going to sound weird but what felt like hunger post op now also feels like full.  Can't distinguish.

So in the last few days, I have been measuring and eating the same foods and amounts that I have for last 4 weeks only when I am done, I feel too full like it was too much.  Often I have that "stuck in my esophagus" feeling.  Even happens sometimes with jus****er.

To confuse more....shortly after I will feel hungry and not head hungry.  Like empty stomach type feeling.

My one thought is maybe I am eating too fast and too big of bites????  I know I am definitely not taking as much time or as small a bites as I did in the beginning.

Can anyone relate to this or experienced similar?

Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

claimmaster
on 2/27/14 11:02 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Even at 8 months out, I find myself eating too fast at times.  Everything goes much smoother if I can eat very slowly.  One bite, then do something else for a couple of minutes.  Another bite.  I find I get full faster that way, too and eat less.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

laviecharmee
on 2/28/14 4:11 am - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

Stacey I totally get it! I am 10 weeks out as well and I am still confused by how I feel full at times and hungry at others. Yesterday for lunch I went out with a friend and ate 1/2 a chicken breast which normally would keep me satisfied for hours but within about 2 hours I was hungry again but I resisted the urge to eat. Ate the other 1/2 last night for dinner and I felt miserably full. It is just odd.

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

staceyp1105
on 2/28/14 4:50 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Glad to know its not just me.  It is really weird though.  I track all my food in my fitness pal and find my calories per day to be normally around 800.  700 on a low day, and 1,000 on a higher day but all within the rules.  Just depends what I eat.

So yesterday, I decided to listen to my body and despite measured amounts, stopped eating when I felt "that" feeling.  Two weeks ago, I could easily eat a whole protein bar at one sitting.  Yesterday I had about 1/4 of one and put it away.  Ended up taking me 3 "sittings" to fini****   Normally I have to eat planned snacks between meals based on the clock because I am often not hungry for them.  But yesterday I was always hungry prior.

Anyway...at the end of the day, I had eaten 575 calories.  That seems a little too low.

So yeah - i'm with you.  Odd.  But weight is coming off.  Not crazy fast but no stalls either so I guess I'll just keep plugging along!

Most Active