100 lb. + WEIGHTLOSS

mmmesser
on 3/2/14 12:47 am

My Sleeve surgery was Aug. 5th, 2013.  So, in a few days I will be at 7 months post-op.  My ticker will say I'm just under 100 lbs. lost but it didn't have the most accurate starting weight from the pre surgery 2 week liquid diet start (that was 280 lbs.).  I'm wearing a size Large in blouses (apparently my boobs have not lost much out of them...I guess this is a good thing although my upper back would beg to differ...and I also need to start toning my arms after I get clearance from the Orthopedic Surgeon due to a tear in one of my shoulder tendons).  I'm wearing a size 10/12 in jeans (depending upon the brand and style).  This is from a 2x in blouses and 20/22 in jeans.  I was one of the lucky ones that didn't really stall (and still haven't).  I do notice a very, very small weight loss during TOM (we're talking ounces in some cases)...I know that's all the water weight I seem to hang on to when that occurs.  On the other side of that, I usually lose the most in a week during the week prior to TOM...who knows?  Bodies are so weird.  Yes, with the hairloss.  But like others, I look like a Dandelion (someone called it once and I can't remember who so speak up if you are reading this and take credit because I thought it genius) with all the sprouts growing up all over now.  My skin is doing pretty good (except those inner thighs...guess I still will be wearing those bathing suit bottoms with a skirt for a while or longer depending upon the skin factor after some years of toning and the like).  All my bloodwork looks good (minus the recent slight drop in Iron levels although I have figured out the problem there...EVERYTHING you put in your mouth interrupts Iron absorption so just take it two hours after such ingestion and at bed time).  I have had no complications as of yet and hopefully this will stay as such.  I am going to lose another 30 lbs. or so to be closer to an average BMI but still with a little pudge because my body is built to be curvy and I'm big boned like my grandma and great grandma.  I want to write everything here in case this helps anyone with their plan or any needs they may have as far as planning.  I will say...that just because you feel lighter and like you can do most anything....please condition and tone your body slowly and don't go out playing Kickball with kids like you are one if you aren't!  Injuries are sure to happen in that case (like me with this slight torn tendon in my shoulder). Keep on plugging away everyone and Good Luck and Congrats all at the same time!!!!!

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/2/14 12:57 am
VSG on 10/30/13

CONGRATS! And welcome to the Century Club   What an amazing and well earned milestone! 

The_True_KayD
on 3/2/14 1:03 am

I love your post. I agree with starting gradually on movement. I took the approach that I will start moving. I joined a gym at my six weeks. I refuse to compete with anyone at the gym. I started off on the treadmill and did that for two weeks. I started at a moderate pace for 45 mins. I was sore the next day and my legs needed to recover. I gradually increased my time and speed on the treadmill. I am so glad that I took this approach because I am able to do it consistently with no injury. I recently increased my pace, incline and time. I feel great. Two weeks into my working out, I added strength training for my upper body. Two weeks later I adding in some ab work. I listen carefully to my body but also let myself challenge myself a bit. I go in and do MY workout. The trainer there even approached me and said that my workout is great and is impressed! Wow! I focus on eating right and moving. The scale has moved pretty well but it does have slow weeks. I hit a stall last week and just kept up the plan. As you said "Plug Away". I weigh myself on Saturdays. I got on the scale and it moved downward. It was good news but is not the only criteria for success. The scale is like a teenager. It will do what it wants to do no matter what you do! LOL...I will do the adult thing and follow my plan! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views