Dreaming of my first puréed bite

1kimbo
on 3/4/14 11:33 pm
VSG on 02/25/14

What did you try?  Did Ur tastes or tolerance change?

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

mollz007
on 3/4/14 11:48 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

I have been eating Greek yogurt probably every day since I started pureed food. I also am loving any kind of soup,if it has chunks I will just puree it in the blender.I also love sugar free pudding. My tastes have not changed that much,except that I don't tolerate milk as well anymore.

check out my blog!

1kimbo
on 3/5/14 12:00 am
VSG on 02/25/14

I've heard milk intolerance is common.  I'm guessing it doesn't necessarily extend to milk products, as Greek yogurt seems to b a favorite.  

I guess I'll have to wait for cottage cheese, tuna and deviled eggs ( maybe the filling w/FF mayo)!

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

mollz007
on 3/5/14 12:28 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I know, it's weird, I haven't had any reaction to dairy products, just straight milk. Eggs and cheese are both fine. I guess everyone experiences it to a different level. I just make my protein shakes with water instead of milk.

check out my blog!

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 12:15 am - Canada

I tried everything and most things didn't agree with me; especially milk products.  In the beginning everything tasted way too sweet to me.  That has calmed down and I can now eat greek yogurt.  Don't buy too much of any one thing until you know if you can tolerate it.  I have wasted so much food over the last 2 months it's ridiculous!

weese
on 3/5/14 12:23 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Saturday will be my first puree day, I am excited as well! I am planning on mashed potatoes with cottage cheese.  Yes.... I take a bite of cottage cheese with my mashed taters....it's just cheese....on potatoes.  (My family has never understood this combo.) Going out for lunch with mom Saturday for my first two tablespoon meal, lol!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

1kimbo
on 3/5/14 12:36 am
VSG on 02/25/14

Sounds awesome to me!  Chew a lot!  Hope it's as great as you anticipate😀😀

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 1:07 am
VSG on 02/12/14

the NP at my surgeons office says she hates the word "pureed". She says you can eat pretty much anything (within reason) as long as you chew it really well or can ma**** with your fork. So my first "meal" was 1/4 of a meatball in red sauce. One of my favorites is a scrambled egg with a Laughing Cow mozzarella babybel cut up in it. Great boost of protein and its yummy. Today (3 weeks post op) I made my usual scrambled egg but also put a torn up slice of turkey in it and some milk. Canned chicken with a bit of mayo and a squirt of dijon mustard, I call it modified chicken salad. Thats a few of my staples.....

1kimbo
on 3/5/14 1:11 am
VSG on 02/25/14

Yum! Sounds good!

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views