UNJURY Protein powder

csbsteph
on 3/5/14 10:13 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I'm having surgery next Thurs. and had my last nutritionist/Doctor visit today along with labs, x-ray etc. it was an all day thing; anyway the bariatric center gave us lun*****lass cause some of the class was on the liquid diet already because their surgery is this Friday.  We had an 8oz. cup of the unjury protein chicken soup mix & it was really good.  To me it tasted like chicken soup with celery.  We also got to try some new flavors strawberry kiwi & passion fruit & they were also really really good.  Mind you these are just mixed with water but they were so delicious.  I had already started the fat free/low carb pre-surgical diet that our Doc has his patients do on 3/1 but the nutritionist today told me I didn't have to start til tomorrow.  I started a few days early to get adjusted to no caffeine, I have to do liquids two days prior to surgery.  Anyway since the nutritionist told me I didn't have to start til tomorrow I thought I'd eat one more full meal of something that I loved which is Cracker Barrel.  In the past I could eat my whole meal of grilled chicken & double order of turnip greens & single order of mac-n-cheese but tonight after having the unjury protein stuff today at lunch I was stuffed after eating less than half of my meal, so I boxed it up.  I just think unjury is amazing already because I haven't had surgery yet and only after trying it once I have been full for the rest of the day.  I found their website unjury.com but it's also sold in my bariatric center so I'm going to get some next week.  In our patient teaching binders they even gave us some recipe ideas.  I know they're pushing their product in the clinic but this stuff was really amazing.  Just wanted to tell y'all about my first ever experience with a protein drink today that I actually fell in love with.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Lake-michigan-girl
on 3/5/14 11:31 am

first let me say I loved Unjury as well but a word of warning your taste buds me change after surgery or you're new to tummy may not handle what you used to love. So do not buy to much of anything until after surgery

This happened to me I can not tolerate unjury any more and  had to throw out alot.

Best of luck and an early welcome to the losers bench

mustlovepoodles
on 3/5/14 12:09 pm
VSG on 12/31/13

I agree. I loved Unjury chicken broth and Unjury unflavored before surgery. After surgery, not so much. I ended up throwing out two nearly full tubs because I couldn't even stand to look at it.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Lemily
on 3/5/14 11:39 am
VSG on 01/16/14

The unflavored injury is awful. It smells and tastes like stinky feet! Isopure zero carb unflavored powder is much better..in my opinion.

Tracy D.
on 3/5/14 10:32 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm a fan of the chicken soup flavor too.  I like it pre-op and I still liked it post-op.  My go-to Unjury is the Chocolate Splendor with almond milk.  Fortunately, I loved it pre-op and still love it post-op.  It was the ONLY protein powder I could get down after trying many.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

JAlston
on 3/6/14 12:38 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I agree. I have always been a fan of the Chicken soup and Chocolate Splendor. My tastes did not change after surgery and I still get a monthly auto ship from Unjury (it is cheaper that way) and they have the best customer service ever...serously...if you don't like something, EVER return it. They will take it. It doesn't even matter how long you had it, they will take it. I was not a fan of the unflavored and gave those packets away and didn't try the vanilla or strawberry. I thought the cheese was disgusting, others have raved about it they said it tasted like the powdered cheese from boxed mac n cheese...if that was the case I would have ate it willingly!

I drink Chocolate Splendor with unsweetened almond coconut milk, warmed, so yummy! 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Most Active