Excess skin issues

Sandra R.
on 3/10/14 10:49 pm

I have excess skin around my thighs,and of course stomach area. Those are my two biggest issues. How do you deal with them? I feel self conscious about them a lot. People say "you look great, you just need to work out" I usually respond by lifting up my shirt and showing them the loose skin. Lol. I'm stuck on what to do to get over it. 

Is it covered by insurance to have it removed?

Vivian Prouty
on 3/10/14 11:08 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Sorry to say that most insurance co. do not cover any PS at all unless you have a apron stomach that hangs really low and then sometimes that even won't be covered.    If your loose skin isn't too bad most wear shapewear to control the skin.    If you have too much for that you might look into Plastic surgery.    Good luck.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/11/14 1:05 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Coverage varies between insurance companies, contact yours to see what the policy is. Sometimes it's covered if you get rashes, so you'll want to document it (especially with photos) if that's a problem. Otherwise it may be considered cosmetic and you'll have to pay out of pocket.

Otherwise, there's not much you can really do for loose skin other than wear compression underthings; exercise, lotion, etc. won't do anything to tighten up the skin that grew to cover your extra fat.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active