6 months -93 pics

jubigirl
on 3/11/14 2:48 am, edited 3/11/14 2:58 am
VSG on 08/26/13

It's been a quick 6 months. I've had a lot more ups than downs.  I don't post a lot but read the forum at least once a week. I've learned a lot from fellow sleeves. Thanks for sharing your information with others. I also know the progress pics REALLY inspire me when I'm having one of those moments that I need a little push.   

On August 26th I had the vsg, gallbladder removed, AND hiatal hernia repair. Recovery was a bit longer than I expected and the nurse explained the more you have done, the longer it takes to snap back. In October I took my daughter to Disney with no problem. I had my first meat there and drank water, water. 

Ive learned a lot about myself in relation to food. First, I'm a grazer. I've gotten it under control on most days but still have those days. I've learned its hormonal with me so I plan my daily menu around grazing on those few days of PMS. I basically don't eat meals on those days. I snack on PLANNED foods. It works for me.  I keep certain things on hand at all times. Cucumbers, baked fish, roasted veggies, either cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, or green beans, unsweetened almond milk, or the coconut, depending upon availability, string cheese, and Greek yogurt. 

Alcohol :( I miss my so called friend. I have had one drunken episode and after the TWO day hangover, I will pass!! I've had about 5 drinks in the past few months.  I noticed NO WEIGHT loss for a few days following alcohol consumption.  I don't need it but miss it in certain social situations. Mardi Gras is a good example. Somehow, I had just as much fun without the Pinot Grigio or Cosmo. 

I still struggle with protein. The only way I get 80-90 grams is by having a protein shake in the morning. I actually enjoy it as breakfast. I use premier vanilla, instant coffee granules, and ice. I blend like a frappe.  It's 165 calories and 30 protein, 4 carbs.  Daily I now consume around 650-900 calories.  Usually about 8. I take vitamins and minerals. And my labs are great. I feel great on most days but have zero energy every now and then. I'm 45 so I'm not so sure that's diet related.  I exercise at the gym at least 3 days a week and bike ride at least 3. A couple of days a week, it's both.   

Hunger.... It's in the head, for me. I am a housewife. I've found on lazy, do little days, that's when I want to eat.  Therefore, I stay busy. I've been doing crafts, organizing, and cooking!  

On that note, I auditioned for  m@ster chef in October and made it to the final round in L.A. In January. (Top 100) :) it was a very exciting and eye opening experience. I had very positive feedback about my on camera appearance.  I won't be seen on TV because I didn't make it to the last cut. (35).  I've had fun coming up with new dishes that are healthy and interesting. 

What I don't eat, EVER.... Bread, rice, granola, protein bars, peanut butter, pasta, cereal, chips, cookies, cake, ice cream, or any carbonated drinks, such as coke, diet coke etc.  in the beginning, I ate nuts when I wanted chips. Now I eat very sparingly. I also used to eat cheese more often. I'm over it!  I eat a very varied diet. I rarely eat chicken. It feels terrible in my stomach.  Fish, crab, shrimp are my favorites.  

Not everything that glitters is gold. The surgery has it's down side. I now have bathroom problems that I never had before. I NEVER have diarrhea.  Sometimes I wish I did. I feel like the stars have aligned when I go!  Haha!  My hair is also thinning. I had lots of hair so it's really only noticeable to me unless I pick up the sides of my hair and it's very apparent. I bought extensions (real hair) and sewed them on to old fashioned combs and clips and use them if I'm going someplace. I actually like my hair with them and have worn extensions before my surgery.  I have learned when to put the fork down. It's no fun feeling like you've eaten 5 thanksgiving plates!  

The surgery has been such a blessing to me. I have a new outlook on life. My weight was holding me back from so many things. I now look forward to trying many new things! 

I hope the the pictures inspire you if you are thinking about the surgery or not quite as far along.  

Kelli

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The above was late June 2013

October Disney

Thanksgiving 2013

Everyone at this point noticed but the following pics are when I realized, hey you really ARE shrinking!

That was January 2014. See my to go box?

This was about 2 weeks ago. I was exactly 199#. I remember tears of joy seeing the number one out front. 

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MARDI GRAS!!!!!

jubigirl
on 3/11/14 3:00 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Forgot that one!!!

chichiruka
on 3/11/14 3:32 am - CA
VSG on 03/26/14

You look fantastic!!  My date is coming up... 3/26/14!! Wish me luck! 

"Don't listen to those poopoo heads!" 

"Someday I'll be a beautiful butterfly and everything will be better!"  - Heimlich ~ Bug's Life  

jubigirl
on 3/11/14 3:39 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks and best wishes along your way. Remember, it's a very individualized journey. Find what works for you. 

K

sanjali23
on 3/11/14 4:52 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

You look awesome. Keep up the good work 

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

jubigirl
on 3/12/14 3:42 pm
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks!!!!!

Renee3737
on 3/11/14 3:01 am
VSG on 08/20/13

Great Pictures, you look amazing!!!

HW: 318.6  SW: 303.6  CW: 184.5 (6/02/14)

jubigirl
on 3/11/14 3:08 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks! Our dates are very close!! 

K

wendyred
on 3/11/14 3:08 am

You look amazing Minnie! Great post!

jubigirl
on 3/11/14 3:14 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks!!!! That petticoat hides a lot of bootay!!!! :)

my 3 yr old grandson was the Minnie inspiration. He LOVES Mickey and Minnie. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views