Some thoughts on "goal" weight.

diane S.
on 3/31/14 11:26 am

great post. nobody really knows what your ideal weight is. you only know when you get there and even then its uncertain. Dr. C told me my goal should be 130 to 140. when i was losing slowly he told me he predicted i would end up art 150 to 160. i said poop to that. i went in for apt at 137 and he said i looked great and i was done. i was surprised, expecting he would say lose 10 more. so i asked for permission t \o lose to 135 and he said fine. i unintentionally lost down to 117 and he said don't try to regain, it will come along, that i was not too thin in spite of what others thought and i could eat complex carbs if i wanted to but not necessary. i decided not to try to regain, four of five pounds crept back, and i am happy where i am.  i figure i can always gain weight if i need to (smoke herb  lol)  and like being at the low end.   so dont' wig out. being a little on the low side is fine. so is being a little on the high side. both are healthy and there are so many individual differences that charts are dumb.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active