Why I love Elina

cece58
on 3/28/14 4:07 am - CA

Most of you have no idea who I am. I don't post much and read others postings when I am bored. Last night I was entertained reading all the Elina bashing from her post about the R & R forum and it made me remember my Jr High days when all the mean girls were  around. I remember that time with humor---my little sister still carries the scars of bullying with her. So, I thought that I would throw in my 2 cents about my friend, Elina, and describe to you all what she is really like. Elina is a very kind person. She has a tremendously generous heart and is willing to help anyone who wants it. She is also willing to help anyone who doesn't even ask for help. She is eternally grateful to an amazing and dedicated surgeon who not only performed her surgery perfectly but also guided her through her weight loss (and continues to) and gave her the happy life she is leading today. She is a wonderful friend, mother and wife. I met Elina at our San Jose support group and we became fast friends. It's easy to do with  Elina. One thing that stands out most about Elina is her ability to love herself.  That tells me a lot about her strength. I will never be happy with my weight or my appearance. I can't see myself as others say they see me. Could be because of my years of hearing how fat I was growing up but I don't know. That issue will never be resolved. I am happy, have a wonderful family, a husband whom I adore and have been married to for 42 years, a fabulous career and great friends. So I can't be satisfied with my accomplishments. But that's ok for me. I am proud of Elina and proud to be her friend. I know if I ever need anything, she is there for me. She is beautiful at 103, 105 and I am sure, 112. I would love to be as tiny as she but I know that will never happen. Anyhow, I am pretty sure that some of you have fun bashing others because it must make you feel better. For those of you who need help, remember that Elina is extremely generous and very wise to this entire weigh loss process so  you can continue to ask her for help and get it. Because, that is the tender heart of my friend, Elina.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

goleftoklahoma
on 3/28/14 4:14 am
VSG on 01/24/14

Who's Elina?  jk

cece58
on 3/28/14 4:16 am - CA

Why, she is the Queen :-)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Lisa J.
on 3/28/14 4:16 am - OK

Bravo! While I am here to usually open mouth and insert foot, over the years Alina has never, as far as  I know, ever been rude or mean or insensitive to others. I don't know her personally but as a frequent poster and 'OH' friend, she is solid. I would go so far to say that there are people on this board who need a lot more help than losing weight will do for them.

Lisa J

OKC

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 4:22 am

Thank you Lisa.  I appreciate the support. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 4:21 am

I love you.  What else can be said?  As I was reading your post, I thought about how much of it can be turned right around and be so very true of you.  You have a beautiful life, a great career, a loving husband and family and you are beautiful, inside and out.  I am so grateful and honored to have met you and to be your friend.  Don't worry about me, the "attacks" really don't hurt me at all.  In truth, I was having fun taking on the whole crew.  I think that people often assume that because I watch my weight and comment about any weight gain, that it must really bother me emotionally.  The truth is just as you state it, I am really happy with my health and my looks at 103, 105, 108 or 112.  I am always looking for ways to continue successful maintenance and I like to share my triumphs and my mistakes.  That doesn't mean that I am worried, upset or hurt but any of it.  It's just part of maintenance and long term accountability.  Dr. Cirangle asked me to get back to my lower goal weight, and I pretty much do what he says.  ( I would be scared not too.  :)  ).  Just kidding.  He brought me to the dance, and I intend to stay here as long as possible.  But in truth, I am not sure there is a huge difference in my appearance or health either way.  He is just more concerned and cautious about trends over time and he has seen many people gain ounces over months turn into tens of pounds over a decade.  I have lost six pounds since last Friday night.  I say that's pretty awesome.  Should be back at my low end by next meeting.  I have a promise to keep and shoes I plan to reward myself with when I get there.  :)   Again, I know it upsets you to see me "attacked", but I am emotionally good, and planning my weekend.  I am going to miss the wine....darn it.

KevinBacon
on 3/28/14 4:28 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Elina you're a leader, and a great one at that. You carry yourself with poise, integrity, and fairness. Beyond what you do on the scale or how you look in the mirror, your kindness, intelligence, and wisdom shine even brighter. 

Thank you for everything. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 4:41 am

Hugs to my new friend.  I can't wait to read your goal post! We will celebrate in style.  I know you are just starting, but you have to plan for these major life events....Balloons?  Party?  Gorgeous new outfit?  Just imagine yourself twirling in front of the mirror in total joy.  Can't wait.  Go get it done.

cece58
on 3/28/14 4:30 am - CA

You know, it doesn't really upset me because I know you and know that it humors you (mostly). I think it hurts others who are a little more intimidated by the "mean girl" mentality  of those who don't know your kindness and look at your strength and confidence in yourself as being boastful or egotistical. I admire you for that. I hope to see you in San Jose in April (when I get back from PARIS!!!!). 

Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 4:44 am

PARIS?????? I can fit in a suitcase you know....I am really tiny now.  :)  I want to go to Paris too...  think of the perfume, the lingerie....the fashions....( okay, art and history, and culture too).  :)

It's okay, I really shouldn't be allowed in Paris, I would almost certainly eat all of their cheese. 

Most Active