I'm Shedding

mkvand
on 4/3/14 6:34 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Damn it.  I mean, yes, I know it's pretty common, and it's temporary, and it will grow back, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  My hair is two and a half feet long.  At an average rate of 1/2 an inch a month, that means it will take five years to grow back.  Stupid telogen effluvium. 

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Pelz
on 4/3/14 10:01 pm

I am the same way! My hair is to my butt and now I'm so sad that I'm going to have to cut it soon because its gotten super thin. Handfuls fall out at a time.  I know it's just hair but my hair is the only thing I've ever liked on myself even when I was skinny. 

LosingSarah
on 4/3/14 11:18 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yes it sucks, but it's so worth better health, isn't it?? 

Mine seems to have slowed down (not coming out in chunks anymore) but it is still coming out faster than normal hair loss. 

If it gets really thin cutting it shorter, many people say, makes it look better and it is easier to add some volume to disguise it if your hair is shorter. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/14 12:31 am - Canada

My hair wasn't that long when I started but past my shoulders.  I now have a chin length bob.  I feel the same way...having thick hair has always been my thing that made me feel good.  When I lost it It went fast and furious down the drain.  I'm not sure if it's slowed or just feels like it has because it's so much shorter now.  I can tell you it looks a lot better and the bonus of losing a lot of weight and cutting your hair short is that you look even thinner.  I look like I have a giraffes neck compared to when it was longer. (take a look at my pictures).  

I say if your hair is that long, bite the bullet and donate to locks of love while there is still hair to donate.  That act of love will take the sting out of doing something that you didn't want to do.  There are lots of little girls out there that need wigs to get through cancer treatments and such...love them and yourself by giving them that gift!

I did it years ago when I just felt like chopping it all off and it really does feel good! If you haven't started to lose your hair...do it now before it all goes down the drain!

http://www.locksoflove.org/

mkvand
on 4/4/14 6:25 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Thanks for the link.  Since I knew this was a possibility, I told myself I'd donate my hair if it started thinning.  I'm debating with myself over doing it now, or waiting since the thinning just started and it's noticeable yet.  Then again, if I wait too long, it won't be thick enough to matter.  Argh.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Most Active