NSV: I went shopping in my closet!

Scribbler
on 4/8/14 10:04 pm

I know some of y'all can relate! Last night I went to the back of the closet and dragged out all of the clothes that "didn't fit"... of course, now many of them not only fit, but a great many more are now TOO BIG and ended up in the Goodwill donation bag. Sure is nice to wear some of this stuff again, and some of it's brand new because somebody gave it to me and it never fit but now of course it does. Our local thrift stores are pretty awesome too, and they get some nice stuff in. They don't carry my size very often, but that is going to change as I shrink. Once I get out of the plus sizes, the selection gets a lot better.

I know I whine a lot about my touchy tummy and heartburn, but as far as complications go, I'll take that relatively minor stuff over what I know some of y'all have been through. (Katie and kekosmom I'm looking at you!) And the surgeon is still saying it'll most likely get better over time. I AM only 9 weeks out after all. It's still better than dragging almost 300 pounds of me around, red-faced, puffing, and embarrassed at my own existence.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

FindingMyWeigh
on 4/8/14 10:14 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

Isn't it great? I'm on my 2nd culling and my weight loss is somebody's closet gain at the local thrift store 

Even better? Not being embarrassed at your own existence and making eye contact with people again. Weird but true!

Colleen

goleftoklahoma
on 4/8/14 11:39 pm
VSG on 01/24/14

You're back!  :)

mollz007
on 4/9/14 12:08 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Congratulations! I've already made trips to the donation bin as well! You have made great progress!

check out my blog!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 1:22 am
vicki364
on 4/9/14 1:42 am

I love shopping in my closet!  It is fun to find things you have forgotten about and it is FREE!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views