Liver Enzymes High HELP

lmcintyre85
on 4/14/14 1:47 am
VSG on 01/15/14

Ok, So I just had my 3 month check up post vertical sleeve and everything is looking good weight loss wise and with labs until they noticed that my liver enzymes are high. My ASP was 39 and my ALT is 178, and the don’t seem worried at all. So here I am a super crazy and I am freaking out to no end. The normal range for ALT I believe is 4-40 and mine is 178. And I don’t know how bad that is. I know that after surgery our liver enzymes can rise but I didn’t think it would that much.

So I e-mailed the nurse this morning letting her know my worries, but I needed some support from here. In my research this weekend I have somewhat found that taking omeprazole can raise these functions, has anyone heard of that? And also that eating too much protein can do it.

HELP! I am just so scared!!!!

angieg0410
on 4/14/14 1:53 am - OK

High liver enzymes can indicate gallstones or gall bladder disease.  They may want to check for that.

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

KrissyKooKoo
on 4/14/14 2:19 am
RNY on 07/22/19

I have high liver enzymes too, so they checked my gallbladder and found some sludge has developed in there since surgery. They said I will need it out eventually, but not to worry about it.  I am not having any pain, so it is nothing urgent.  I suggest having them do an ultrasound on your gallbladder, too!

Kathy8429
on 4/14/14 8:20 am

I was told by the surgeons office that high liver enzymes are common during the wt loss phase. All the junk you're flushed out gets flushed through the liver. There are some threads that discuss that if you do a search

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views