Just wondering if anyone has read the book, The Daniel Plan? Limiting processed foods...

AdeanaMarie
on 4/14/14 4:18 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Just wondering if anyone has read the book, The Daniel Plan? Limiting processed foods... Just got the book and am really liking it so far.  My biggest struggles are carbs, so limiting processed foods and carbs, well, that could only benefit me.  

Just curious if anyone has read the book, followed the plan, or thought of following the plan?  I have allowed potato chips, gluten free pretzels and corn chips in WAY TOO MUCH.  Eating a whole food based plan (gluten free, which I already do) would only benefit my health.  Would love to lose some more weight, but also want to be the healthiest I can be too.  I also allow way too much dairy (which does not help my lactose intolerance issues either).  

Chime in, if you have any thoughts on it...

Thanks!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Poohkieboo
on 4/14/14 4:56 am

Yes, I have. It's a great way to eat. Very healthy. There's also a website that goes along with the plan.

AdeanaMarie
on 4/14/14 5:07 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I was excited to find the website today as well.  Looking forward to having a guide to help me get the junk out and the nutrition in.  I have a friend (or more) that want to do it together, so that is exciting.  Going to miss my cheese, but I know I will feel tons better eating less dairy and processed junk.  Plus, kicking out the sugar to get some more weight off, will only be an added bonus to the better health aspect.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Ms Shell
on 4/14/14 5:07 am - Hawthorne, CA

No but recently I decided to actually "read" the Atkins book and am finding it way more informative then previously thought.

AdeanaMarie
on 4/14/14 5:15 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I read the Atkins one years ago, but I am sure have forgotten most of it.  I love the science behind what our body actually does with the food we ingest.  It helps me understand why I need to not eat chemicals, preservatives and things that harm my metabolism.  It helps convince me to stay on track.  :O)

trinoc
on 4/14/14 12:55 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

My sister and her husband as well as my mom and stepdad have read and do the Daniel plan.  I've not read it, I'm not a fan of Rick Warren at all, but from what they've told me it sounds like a reasonable way to eat for life.

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

AdeanaMarie
on 4/14/14 9:46 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Thanks! Not sure if I am a fan of Rick Warren or not.  So far, I am enjoying the book.  He is not getting too deep into any theology.  Just focusing on Bible verses and the gift of our bodies that God has given us to take care of.  I like that it also centers around accountability, which I struggle with.  I do not like answering to others.  Ha!  But do know that walking along side others with a mutual goal, makes things easier.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views