Need Motivation

JadedPerception
on 4/14/14 8:19 am - Las Vegas, NV

Long time no post! So much has happened over the last few years. I am now 3.5 years out and I have managed to keep most of the weight off, except for the 15 lbs that I gained. Now I have 26 pounds to go until goal weight. Which isn't bad considering the amount of stuff that I have dealt with over the past year and a half.

The reason I am here? I need motivation!! Anyone ever try the 5 day pouch test? I would love to hear how that worked out, or any other ideas to get this pouch back in shape.

*Jolynn*

Gwen M.
on 4/14/14 8:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Cut out the refined and processed carbs, focus on getting your protein and water in.  Track everything to see what you're actually consuming.  

The pouch test seems pretty gimmicky and like a crash diet - not much better than that old cabbage soup diet!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

zmdh39
on 4/14/14 3:49 pm

Yes, I did the pouch test...oddly enough it was harder than my 2 week pre-op...go figure. If you stopped tracking food, start again...you would be surprised how many bad habits can sneak back up on ya when you get a few years out. Its good to give you a little boost to make better food choices, and re-establishing the portion sizes. I tend to do this thing where I gravitate to eating junk too often, so I tend to keep an eye on my scale. Not anything crazy, but every once in a while I check, and if there is any gain, I jump back on the food tracking wagon. Also work on some strength training, bigger lean muscles burn more calories, which helps to adjust your body to the more food you can intake as you get further out. I hope this helps!

Most Active