HERINIA REPAIR

Pam211
on 4/21/14 1:28 am - Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have a friend who is still in process of having all of her pre-tests for gastric sleeve.  Today she was told she has a hernia that will need to be fixed and they want to schedule her for hernia repair on 5/13.  My question is, can she not have that hernia repaired at the same time she has her sleeve done?  If not she will have to wait three months after having her hernia repaired to have her sleeve done.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/21/14 1:29 am
VSG on 10/09/12

What kind of a hernia is it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Pam211
on 4/21/14 1:32 am - Lexington-Fayette, KY

Not sure, but I assume it is umbilical because she said they told her it was pushing on her stomach and it needs to be repaired.  She is very short and very large, has extreme difficulty with breathing.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/21/14 3:55 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Could be a hiatal hernia. That is routinely repaired during the sleeve procedure. Not sure abt umbilical.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

BGSU1983
on 4/21/14 1:31 am

Not sure- my surgeon told me during my consultation that I did not need a separate procedure to see about a hiatal hernia.  He said if I had one (which I did), he would fix it during my sleeve procedure (which he did). 

aleelee80
on 4/21/14 2:20 am - CO

I had a ventral (incisional) hernia repair done at the same time as my sleeve. It made the recovery very painful and difficult but it can be done.

Scott S.
on 4/21/14 2:49 am - TX

I had a hiatal hernia repair as well during the procedure.  My understanding is that it depends on the type of hernia that needs to be repaired.

VSG: 8/8/13 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views