Having Buyers Remorse!!

BadaBing
on 4/25/14 9:40 pm - NJ

I was sleeved on Thursday the 24th. The worse was while I was in recovery. I've always been a crybaby when it comes to feeling nauseous! Here I was out of surgery in the recovery room by 11:30 & I could not open my eyes or speak without feeling sick till about 6PM! They sent me for an upper GI while I was in recovery & everything looks good! Then they put me in a hospital room. The nurse gave me meds for pain & nausea & when I woke up from nap at 8, I felt great. Yesterday morning after breakfast I started feeling nauseous again, not as bad as I was in the recovery room but bad enough for me! Dr came to see me & told me I could go home if I want but I told him I wasn't feeling great & think I should stay another day. So here I am, laying in this hospital bed. Dreading leaving today & feeling nauseous again during ride home & what's going to happen when I get home! Will this nausea ever end?! I'm starting to regret going through with it! 

AK_Gipson
on 4/25/14 9:44 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

My doc gave me a patch for nausea and Zofran every 6 hours (I think) while in the hospital. And he gave me a prescription for it when I got home. 12 days out and I don't have it take it everyday or even most days anymore. It does stop, eventually.

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

BadaBing
on 4/25/14 10:10 pm - NJ

My Doctor also prescribed that for me. I have it at home. They've been giving it to me every 4 hours here. Right now I'm ok & having breakfast. Hopefully I don't start feeling nauseous anytime soon. Feels like it's never going to stop! : (

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/14 10:44 pm
VSG on 03/04/14 with

Those first few hours after I woke up in recovery were about the worst ever. I felt just horrible. But things improved rapidly over the first few days, and then slowly ever since. You'll feel much  better soon.

BadaBing
on 4/25/14 10:53 pm - NJ

Thank you! I hope you're right 😊

BadaBing
on 4/26/14 3:13 am - NJ

Thank you! I'm looking forward to better days! 😊

VSG on 06/12/13

Every day is going to get better, believe me. See about getting the zofran patch and other meds to take home. I was fortunate that nausea was minimal, but I know others have had troubles with it.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

BadaBing
on 4/26/14 3:15 am - NJ

Thank you Laurie! I have an apt with Dr on Monday.. I'll try to get the patches then. 

Mary Gee
on 4/25/14 11:40 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

What did you expect?  You went under general anesthesia and it takes a while to recover.  They have meds for pain and nausea so you should feel better soon.  Maybe you didn't research enough.  You shouldn't be surprised by the nausea.  Are you going to be surprised if you have trouble getting water down at first?  Or it you can't stand the thought of protein drinks?  Or if you get the "foamies" when you try eggs? There are steps you'll have to go through during the recovery process.  Some lucky people fly through with no problems, but most don't.

Buckle up and get ready for a few bumpy weeks.  After that, hopefully you won't "regret going through with it".  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Colleen O.
on 4/26/14 3:44 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Hey Mary.  I believe you are trying to give a little tough love here but you come off sounding a little harsh (I'm not trying to scold you - I like your posts!)  Having been through the nausea and subsequent vomiting of blood/bile and then heaving all night long, it really is a very unpleasant experience to say the least.  I went into surgery knowing it could happen.  I even expressed deep concern before surgery which is why I was given the patch.  But NOTHING could have prepared me for my experience the first night.  It was awful and I'm not sure that I wouldn't have posted the same kind of message as badabing that first night if I could have typed without heaving.  

I understand where you were coming from - there are lots of challenges in this journey and we need to face them head on.  But, sometimes, we need to reach out for some support from people who can reassure us that things will improve.

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views