Can't believe it has been 4 weeks!!

hollyk79
on 4/30/14 4:54 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

So today I am 4 weeks post-op! While the first two weeks crawled by, the last 2 have flown by. I feel great! This week I started walking and have done 4-5 km each day. Energy levels are really good for the most part, although I do take time each afternoon for a rest (not a nap usually, just lazing on the couch for an hour or so before my kids get home from school). 

The infamous 3 week stall hit me hard at around 2.5 weeks and finally the scale has been moving the last 4 days or so. I have cut back to (usually) 1 protein drink per day (1.5 scoops of Syntrax fuzzy navel or cherry twist in 4 cups of water) and am getting the rest of my protein through food. 

I am down a total of 32 lbs - 15 during pre-op diet and 17lbs since surgery. I have already had to clear out several pairs of pants from my closet so I don't moon everyone ;) 

Overall, though there were some discouraging times, everything has gone amazingly well and I am so glad I had surgery done :)

MAchick
on 4/30/14 5:03 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Excellent! The time will continue to fly and it will be second nature to you :-) Enjoy the process and discovering new things about yourself.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/30/14 5:27 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It gets better.  Once you've healed from surgery and can start eating "normal" foods, it's a very easy pattern to maintain.  The lack of physical hunger is a great device.  It's the head hunger that starts to creep back in to your thinking.

Congrats on the weight loss and feeling great!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Amber G.
on 4/30/14 5:56 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Congrats Holly! We made it to the 1 month out mark! Things got to just keep gettingand better from here! 

Kelly Jean
on 4/30/14 6:28 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Im Just about at the 1 month mark also.... things are already looking up!!!!

Most Active