Exercise & me - the plain truth!

Nmmsg
on 5/3/14 9:29 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I started this journey last July.  I had my Vsg almost 10 months ago.  The fact is that I have lost my weight up to this point through diet alone.  I have just started exercising again.  I have a history of several foot surgeries and just did not feel like it up until now.  

I am not saying this is the way to do things because I actually do believe it is better to do both- control diet and exercise. It is so long since I have been 135 lbs (32 years). It is so much easier to start a program at this weight.  I have also noticed that I have been able to progress pretty quickly.  I think others have found this to be true also.  I guess what I am trying to say is that as soon as you feel up to it and can tolerate it, try some exercise.  You feel better almost immediately.  It lifts your spirits. 

Again, we each have to find our own way. For me, this was my path.  Good luck on yours.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

56sunShine14
on 5/3/14 11:40 am

One of the first things I said I want to do when I hit goal is go shopping in Chico's!! 

Nmmsg
on 5/3/14 8:48 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I love Chicos.  I have found many things that fit just right and for me, don't have to be shortened!

lil1inside
on 5/4/14 11:29 am
VSG on 07/10/13

Don't feel bad Nancy, I didn't start exercising until 6 months after surgery.  I was worried because my husband had the RNY and he started out so gung ho with his walking that he pulled a muscle and had this severe muscle pain for months--I didn't want that to happen to me.  And, since I'm older (51), I didn't want to risk injury a knee or ankles or anything that would really set me up for a while.  So, I think we did the best thing for "us" at the time.  It's really a personal journey isn't it, everyone doing what works for them really.   

I'm glad I did it this way, and you are right, I felt really great getting out to the gym finally and walking my dog now is wonderful.

Best to you Nancy,

Denise

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Nmmsg
on 5/4/14 8:31 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Thanks, Denise.  I am glad I waited. It is so much easier to do at this point.  As an older sleever, 64 now, I just wanted to get my weight down first. 

Cheers to us!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views