I don't want to be that one

Betty A.
on 5/4/14 4:39 am
VSG on 11/26/13

I've been here long enough to read about those who start this journey, then fade away. Some come back with requests for help from regain. I had surgery Nov 26 and lost 54 pounds so far, about half of my desired goal weight. When I have a question (and there have been hundreds of them), I find a wealth of information in the search feature. So, I'm not really sure what to post most of the time. I don't feel like I have anything new to contribute, no amazing feats, or marvelous insights-so I just 'check-in' by reading nearly every day. But I've started to notice that our journeys are individual, but very much the same. In my observation, the accountability does seem to make a difference- whether it's to the group or ourselves. 

I've reached a standstill for the past month. I know many refer to this as a stall, but i also know if I am being honest, I've been lazy. fortunately, making good enough choices to maintain, but not tight enough choices to lose. i know what i need to do- the "formula" is consistent too: track every bite, increase water, protein up, carbs down, exercise, ... I've enjoyed many scale and NSVs even at the half way mark: clothes in the regular section fit, I fit into an amusement park ride, increased activity with my kids, and much more. 

So, while I have nothing earth shattering to share, I'm posting today to stay in the game, to walk the same road as many others who have found success here. I want to meet goal and do not want to settle for 'good enough'. I had surgery to change my life for good. I don't want to be one who fades away from this site (or life, really) wishing it could have been me. I've seen many here who CHOSE to be a success story. Just wanted to say, I choose to be one too. :) 

Stacy_WLS
on 5/4/14 5:10 am

Betty - I totally get it.  It is hard to keep your head in the game.  I find being active on here helps a lot.  I'd recommend joining into the 'What are you eating today' posts.  I also find posting when I am feeling out of it helps.  We have all been there.  This is hard.  

You can totally do it.  Just remember how much you want it.  :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Betty A.
on 5/4/14 9:02 am
VSG on 11/26/13

Thanks! I will check it out. 

onmyway06062011
on 5/4/14 5:26 am - FL
VSG on 03/10/14

What an awesome way to think about this journey congrats!!!!

Betty A.
on 5/4/14 9:03 am
VSG on 11/26/13

Thanks!

KevinBacon
on 5/4/14 5:34 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I have also discovered that I enjoy the search function more now than actually discussing on the board. I don't think that's a bad thing but I can see how you can feel a bit of disconnect. I'm glad you came "out of the shadows" ;) 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Betty A.
on 5/4/14 9:04 am
VSG on 11/26/13

I LOVE that function. It's like Google for WLS. I used it a lot preop and use it constantly postop. 

frisco
on 5/4/14 5:56 am

Great great post !!!!

More people need to search/research and if nothing else see the "trends"..... OH does have a pretty extensive broad stroke "sampling" and much can be learned.

There was a recent thread about this same subject and it is quite amazing on how some people discount the "fade" and the reasons behind it....

Great post and keep the path !!!

***Which ever path you choose......Claim it and own it !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Betty A.
on 5/4/14 9:07 am
VSG on 11/26/13

Wow! Thanks!  I also realize after awhile who's info I trust and I cannot even begin to tell you how much your posts help me. Thank you so much for sharing! 

LovesDoggs
on 5/5/14 1:57 am - Clayton, CA

Hi Frisco,

I've been wanting an opportunity to thank you for your Cafe Frisco posts.  They are very helpful to me and I wanted to say THANK YOU!  The crustless quiche has really been a godsend for me and I love the spiral slicer.

Again, THANK YOU!

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views