My # went up & I'm down!

BadaBing
on 5/6/14 8:18 am - NJ

Thursday will be 2 weeks since surgery & I feel I've been doing GREAT! Yesterday they started me on SOFT FOODS! I just weighed myself and I'm 2 pounds heavier then yesterday at the Dr's... What's up with that? Maybe I shouldn't have my 2 snacks & stick to just 3 meals?? I did this to lose weight not gain! I'm so frustrated! :(

Gwen M.
on 5/6/14 8:23 am, edited 5/6/14 8:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your scale at home is different than your scale at the doctor's.  Do you weigh yourself naked at home?  My doc's scale always has me 3-4 pounds heavier due to clothes, calibration, and accuracy.  

There will also be day to day fluctuations in your weight - these are nothing to worry about.  Try to plot your weight on a graph (or use trendweight.com) in order to better note the trend of your weight instead of the day to day number on the scale.  

Follow your plan, and you'll lose weight.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

BadaBing
on 5/6/14 8:38 am - NJ

Before surgery I use to weigh myself naked but now I weigh myself wearing light clothing like I wd wear to Dr's office. Makes sense to gain weight since now I'm able to eat soft foods BUT now I'm scared to continue with the soft foods 

Gwen M.
on 5/6/14 8:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Do not be scared to follow your doctor's eating plan.  Weight fluctuates daily and different scales give different measurements.  Focus on your weight loss trend and not day to day numbers.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

asleepinpa
on 5/7/14 12:27 am

Something to keep in mind, that seems to help me.  When the scale isn't moving, or worse, when it ticks UP, I remind myself that, prior to surgery, I was eating between 2200 and 2400 calories a day.  I am 6 weeks post op VSG, and my doctor has released me from all dietary and lifting restrictions except no fresh fruits or vegetables.  I am eating 3 meals a day and 3 snack, totaling about 1000 calories a day.  SO I KNOW I HAVE to lose weight.  1200 to 1440 calories a day less HAS to result in weight loss.  It's science, pure and simple. 

What am I trying to say?  I guess it's that, as long as you are eating less today than you did pre-surgery, you WILL lose weight, so keep that in mind when it doesn't seem to be working.

Be well!

Diane

BadaBing
on 5/7/14 12:42 am - NJ

That's what I keep telling myself! I'm almost 2 weeks out and on soft foods. I have had no complications what so ever! Before surgery I was probably eating between 1500-2000 calories per day and I know for a fact that I'm not even reaching 1000 a day NOW, yet! so I don't understand why I was 2 pounds heavier then the day before AND I weighed myself after going to the bathroom TWICE!! lol. It's just frustrating to me! Today I packed my foods for work like I've been doing and I left out my 2 snacks because I'm scared! So I agree with your theory, I thought about it to but it just doesn't make sense! Can it be because I started soft foods Monday so I'm eating better foods? foods with more calories then BROTH?! and is this going to keep happening until I'm finally on regular foods and then maybe then I'll start losing more weight? you know what I mean?

Kelly Jean
on 5/7/14 1:35 am
VSG on 04/08/14

what is it that your eating .... is it protien NOT carbs..... and are you drinking as much as you should... what about exercise are you getting that in....I know its frustrating but hang in there your only 2 weeks out!!!! you will drop.....also how much are you able to eat in your 3 meals and whats are your snacks???

BadaBing
on 5/7/14 1:59 am - NJ

I'm on soft foods since Monday. Yesterday I had 4oz of cream of wheat for breakfast, my snack was a yogurt, my lunch was 4oz of low fat cream of chicken soup and driving home from work I had a can of pure protein chocolate. It has 35 grams of protein in it. Soon after that I weighed myself and that's when I saw I was 2 pounds heavier then the day before at the doctors office :(  and then for dinner I had 4oz of split pea soup. My doctor said I can have between 4 to 6oz meals but I haven't pushed it because I'm scared to stretch out my new stomach so early. The 4oz seems to work for me for now. My snacks are usually sugar free jello, yogurt or sugar free ice pops. And I'm drinking a bottle of diet Snapple and water. I know for a fact that I'm not eating anything over 700 calories. And I walk a lot everyday. BUT you may be on to something....I came back to work on Monday so I'm not as active as I was being home all day. I work in an office so I'm at my desk most of the day. I don't know! I'm just feeling very discouraged!

Most Active