Getting in protein: week 2

Twinsinsept.
on 5/13/14 7:38 am
VSG on 05/06/14

As I've mentioned before, protein shakes make me gag.  All flavors, all brands. Too sweet.  I saw the nutritionist yesterday, she said to mix in the unflavored protein powder with my yogurt, pudding, soup and anything else I'm eating/drinking. 

I only had two samples of the unjury unflavored powder.  I like it fine and can't even  taste it. However, I am almost out, and I went to GNC today to see if they had an flavored protein powder and they did.  However, their brand has like 2g of carbs per serving whereas the unjury has zero. I am thinking that it's worth the time waiting for shipping to get the 0 carb. Meanwhile, I am freaking out about not getting enough protein and possibly losing my hair.  

So, any suggestions?  It will take a few days to get the mail order, so what should I do in the meantime?  

Thanks in advance!!!

HW: 345. CW 272

emelar
on 5/13/14 7:48 am - TX

2 carbs isn't worth losing sleep (or shipping) over.  Grab whatever's at GNC!

mickeymantle
on 5/13/14 8:28 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

at 2 weeks I was on all food but many surgeons will allow you to eat , grill or baked tilopia on the pureed stage

I love a smoked salmon omelet , and eat it a few times a week and at the soft stage that should work well

you can make a shake with un flavored or vanilla protein powder and ad instant decaf to it or devinci sf syrup

there also good added to yogurt , they have nutty flavors also lemon or lime

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Mac333
on 5/13/14 9:44 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Have you tried the unjury chicken soup flavored protein powder? I have been using that more than anything else. It has 21 grams of protein and tastes very good. I have mixed it in chicken stock, beef stock, and even tomato or butternut squash bisque. I can choke down the other sweet proteins but this is my go to.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/13/14 9:54 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

The battle of shedding hair isn't going to be won or lost because you don't eat enough protein at this stage, unfortunately.  It's either going to happen or not.  It's more as a result of hormones, surgery, and bad luck.  The condition is called Telogen effluvium.

As far as your protein powder issue, 2g carbs per serving isn't going to hurt you.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active