family support--care credit-- consultation

Mme0x
on 5/15/14 9:07 am - Ocala, FL

Any opinions on how to convince family that this is a good decision? They keep saying that its too dangerous and that I should keep trying without it.

I keep losing weight only to gain it back, I was approved for care credit. Have any of you guys used care credit for surgery? The procedure is 6500 and the hospital fees are 6000...is this a reasonable price? The hospital fees have to be paid up front so I was going to finance the procedure. 

What kind of things should I ask Dr. Ramos at my first consultation?

Gwen M.
on 5/15/14 11:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Well, do you need to convince them?  It's your body and your choice.  Tell them that and then end the conversation.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ShrinkingViolet2013
on 5/15/14 11:42 am

I am not a medical professional, but it's also dangerous to lose and regain.  Lots of good luck in whatever you do.  I hope others that have used Dr. Ramos can chime in.

Mme0x
on 5/15/14 1:03 pm - Ocala, FL

Although dr ramos has great reviews on here, there are only a few and they are from years ago. Dr Salvador ramos ... Also it says he's only done 57 vsg surgeries... Is that too little experience? I'm so new to this and so nervous ... I need some in sight

Kfromak
on 5/15/14 12:02 pm

I have used care credit in the past. Not for wls but for veterinarian procedures.I have nothing negative to say about them :)

is dr Ramos in the us?

Mme0x
on 5/15/14 12:57 pm - Ocala, FL

Yes he's here in florida

G5x5
on 5/15/14 12:17 pm - VA

I work in a hospital and consider that price reasonable for the US.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

cece58
on 5/15/14 1:59 pm - CA

I applied for Credit Care but the interest they were charging was terrible. Instead I applied for two low interest rate credit cards and used those to pay. My surgery cost $17k for everything. BEST investment I ever made. My husband was totally against it to begin with but he went and discussed the surgery with my surgeon and then was very supportive. He admits now that it was the best thing i ever did. Any other family member shouldn't be involved in your decision to take charge of your health.  In the hands of an excellent surgeon and with a good followup plan (and your compliance) I truly believe that it is safer than any dieting you can do and it's certainly safer than being obese. I am healthier now than I have ever been in my life. Good luck to you. Shop around for an excellent surgeon. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Mme0x
on 5/15/14 3:04 pm - Ocala, FL

The credit cards are a good idea , I may look into those. I already was ore approved for care credit and the interest rate is crazy, but I didn't think anywhere else would approve me for that much. 

So I've been doing all the good research and now I've been seeing some people with terrible complications and I'm starting to get crazy scared , like change my mind scared. 

cece58
on 5/15/14 3:27 pm - CA

Of course. I was really terrified as well but that is natural I think. It's a life changer. Find an excellent surgeon who has performed lots of VSG surgeries and has good statistics to show you. Ask lots of questions and do your research. It will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views