139, and gall bladder out.

Joy M.
on 5/24/14 12:54 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

So I finally reached 139, I'm at 9 months out, which I'm happy about. However I had to have my gall bladder out last week. Which is to me similar to having the sleeve so still recovering and feeling miserable. I hate surgery but I had sharp pains after sleeved three times and had a lot of gall stones so hopefully less of that pain but pooping and gas still hurt a lot. So watch out for those attacks if your a newby. Good luck all on your journeys. 

pineview01
on 5/24/14 3:01 pm - Davison, MI

Needing the gall bladder removed after a large WLS is common.  We had to sign a release that in case they got in there and it looked bad they could remove it at the same time.

My sister had a DS at a different center and they automatically removed the gall bladder if a patient still had one.  They didn't want to risk having to do another surgery when the patient was recovering from such a major surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/14 3:12 pm - Canada

I had my gall bladder out three weeks after my sleeve.  Can't remember which pain was from what lol.  But I do know that you will be feeling better in no time and will be so much happier without the gallbladder attacks.

God bless!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views