Home sweet home, post op

elizjayjay
on 5/31/14 9:27 am
VSG on 05/27/14

Well here is to the new me. Had the sleeve on Tuesday AM. Wednesday was not a pleasant day. I found my face on fire and just could not get comphie. Lucky to have some great nurses who understood what was happening to my body and got me past the hump. Words of advice. It is a major surgery. It will slow you down. I learned 25% of sleeve patients need O2 for a week or so post op. Don't panic about that. Work with your medical staff and it will get better each day. The struggle at home was watching my family eat pizza and the hubby drink a root beer float. But the new motto, will 2 of them, I first say "that is poison to my body", then I remind myself I am here to fuel my body, not feel my soul. It is getting better each day. Life is pretty good, with lots of changes.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/14 9:42 am - Canada

Welcome home!  So glad you are feeling better each day!  Each day will get easier and soon you won't even want that other crap (I mean food)!

chriswife19
on 5/31/14 10:01 am
VSG on 05/28/14

Welcome home!

Highest weight - 260  Surgery weight - 197.5  Current Weight - 152

valexi
on 5/31/14 1:12 pm - Canada

Good job!

i thought I was going to die the first 2 days and ended back in er for rehydration! Your right! H20 is key!

good thing they didn't release you afternoon of surgery :)

mollz007
on 5/31/14 1:25 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

You have a great attitude! I was pretty uncomfortable for the first couple days- whenever I moved it felt like I was ripping a stitch. It gets better, hang in there! Welcome home!

check out my blog!

Most Active