Gall Bladder concerns.... How do you know and how far out did it give you trouble?

Twinsinsept.
on 6/12/14 12:57 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

Just this week at almost 6 weeks out, I've been getting this weird "pain" in the middle of my bra area. Sometimes it's like a burning "I'm so hungry that I'm nauseated" sensation but I can't eat because I feel nauseous. It usually passes after a while. I had my follow up today with my surgeons PA and she was concerned and was poking around my belly and said I need to be very in tune to this, because it could be my gall bladder due to rapid weight loss. I'm down close to 40 lbs since my 3 day prep diet. 

How did you know it was your gall bladder and how far out did it start giving you trouble?

Thanks!!!

HW: 345. CW 272

Pelz
on 6/12/14 1:41 pm

I had that same problem but I started taking Prilosec and it went away. I do think that I'm starting to have some problems with my gallbladder now though. The pain is sharp and more towards my right side. I'll be 4 months out on the 18th. Maybe see if you can get a good acid reducer and see if the problem goes away after a few days. Hope things get better for you! 

themexcellentone
on 6/12/14 1:55 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Are you having routine labs run?  My PCP has me do labs every 6 months, and at my 6-month checkup back in January, she saw that my liver enzymes were elevated.  So I had to repeat the test in February, and had elevated liver enzymes then too, but they were lower than the previous month.  She told me to keep an eye on things so that if I needed to be sent for an ultrasound, I could have one to rule out gallstones since they were a possibility.  Lo and behold...I was having abdominal pains in the place you describe at my last surgeon's visit, and they sent me for an ultrasound.  Thankfully, there wasn't anything remarkable on the US, but I'm vigilant about any pain I have in that area because I know we are susceptible to gallstones since we are losing weight so fast, and the liver is processing lipids rapidly.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Lemily
on 6/12/14 11:01 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Hi,

I had my gaul bladder out before surgery. Actually I started having trouble 2 months after I gave birth to my second baby. I had lost about 40 pounds immediately after birth. I felt like i was having a heart attack in exactly that spot. It feels like the worst pressure like there is a block of wood there and no matter how hard you try to pass gas, you can't because it's not gas. You want to eat but you are scared to eat b/c you dont want that pain back. If feels like there is a block of wood stuck in between your boobs and goes to your back and it's painful. Or, like the worst menstrual cramps ever, just by your boobs.

I waited after about 2 months to actually go to the emergency room as I had a really bad attack. I went through all testing in the hospital and found out that I had a ton of stones. It was a non-emergency so I waited until november which was about 2 months after the bad attack to have it removed.

Hislady
on 6/13/14 4:02 am - Vancouver, WA

The center pain sounds more like acid, I've had both and the GB pain was more to the right under the ribs where the acid was kinda like a red hot poker in the middle of my chest.

Most Active