Restriction over time

Lemily
on 6/17/14 12:08 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Hello fellow VSG'ers.

Has anyone noticed that your restriction gets tighter as time goes on? I'm about 5 months out and I feel that Im just not that hungry any more and when I do eat, its often less than the already little I eat. I am still getting protein, fluids, et al so I am not worried about this from a nutritional standpoint. And, I am fine that it is getting tighter as I always worried that it would loosen and downhill I would go...fast.

I was just curious if this had happened to anyone else.

Thanks!

Meredith

pharmagirl_45
on 6/17/14 1:37 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I notice with certain proteins that I eat, I have ore restriction. With shrimp, I can only eat about 3 of them and I'm full.  Enjoy this time because you will be able to eat more as time goes by. 

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Keith L.
on 6/17/14 3:15 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

yes it changes and even as late as 15-18mos post-op I have felt significant restriction. Even now at closing in on 2 years I can only eat about a cup to a cup and a half of food. If you take good care of your sleeve it will take good care of you. Just be careful to never overeat and you won't really have to worry about stretching it out.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Lemily
on 6/17/14 3:20 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks Keith. Throughout this whole process I am careful to immediately stop eating when i start feeling full regardless of whether i have finished my plate or not. I have taken careful watch on my signals when enough is enough, something that I was never able to handle pre-surgery.

I was just how amazed how I can go from eating nothing to a little bit more and then back to nothing. I do not snack normally, but if I do it's usually before bed so I don't wake up with a dehydration headache, and usually a piece or two of cheese and a few crackers to get me through the night. And I am very careful of not overeating. I have not thrown up yet and do not intend too..however, I have gotten extremely nauseaus and hate that feeling and try to avoid it at all costs.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

ssteubing
on 6/17/14 5:08 am - college station, TX
VSG on 12/30/13

At almost 6 months out, mine is tighter at times also. Some days it is 5 or 6 bites, some it's only 3 or 4.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/14 12:10 pm - Canada

I'm about 2 weeks older then you (in WLS world LOL) and the last month I find my restriction is a lot more.  I even brought it up at my last meeting that I'm eating less and less.  Nobody seemed concerned as I'm still getting in what I need and I'm not having any worse physical symptoms of nausea or vomitting.  Maybe it's just a stage and normal???

pineview01
on 6/17/14 2:28 pm - Davison, MI

Not me.  As time went by I could steadily eat more.  Now some days it is more or less than others.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

rengirl1978
on 6/17/14 3:27 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I'm 6 months out and still have good restriction. But I guess it is still pretty early. 

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

drea29
on 6/17/14 7:57 pm

At 2 years out I can eat more, but relatively speaking not much.  Lately my interest in food is kind of neutral.  This is a new concept for me. There are times like this weekend I did not eat too much and noticed when I did eat my restriction was much tighter.  I think it will always be there, but as stated if you listen to your sleeve you will continue to have good restriction.  Take advantage of this time with her tight sleeve.  As long as you are eating well and getting in your protein and other nutrient requirements I think you are fine.

Most Active