Still losing (8 pounds below goal) advice...

Jackie P.
on 7/2/14 1:01 am, edited 7/2/14 1:03 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Hey everyone...

I'm a little concerned (what a problem to have! LOL). I am about 8 pounds below goal. 148 pounds. Size 8, 5'7, large frame. I am still losing. Hit goal about 6 weeks ago, and since then, lost about  8 more.

My calories are about 1400-1500 daily on weekdays and a little less on weekends as I'm out of routine.

When I was at the clinic they told me if I continue to lose at this calorie level, to make an appt to see the surgeon, but I can't imagine there would be anything wrong... 

I'm medium active. Walk 40 min a day to/from work and some stairs...

My back, neck, hands and shoulders are starting to look pretty bony... 

Thoughts?  

Surgery Date: April 10, 2013 • VSG

www.fatfornow.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/2/14 1:05 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Lucky!? I would not worry. If you are getting in your protein and liquids and veggies (and at 1500 cals you probably are) then your body is probably just not ready to settle at 148. Maybe a size 6 or less is in your future! Yay! You will have bounce back space for the eventual regain which everyone says happens inevitably in year 3 post op. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Jackie P.
on 7/2/14 1:13 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Thanks!! I average about 95g protein on weekdays and about 50-60 on weekends... Fluid is a little too low. Having trouble with that, but... Regain at year 3?! BOO. 

www.fatfornow.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/2/14 1:33 am, edited 7/2/14 1:33 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yeah, that's what the wise people of OH say. Keep your head in the game... and good idea about strength training to build up muscle. I am not at goal yet so I figure I can't regain until I get to goal, right?! Am about to embark on year 3 in a few months...so I'll be watching out for the regain monster!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

civilmomma
on 7/2/14 1:27 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Your BMI is about 23 which is in the normal range.  I wouldn't stress about it.  I would start adding in strength training and toning to beef up your muscles a little bit.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Mrs_Desire _
on 7/2/14 2:10 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

No advice other than start lifting weights.... but geeze I wish I had your problem. I cannot get the scale to move down for crap! 

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Tracy D.
on 7/2/14 2:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Pretty simple - eat more calories.  That's not hard to do, honestly.  Increase the healthy fats in your diet and it will definitely boost you up another 300-400 calories.  That should stop the losing.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

danixbanani
on 7/2/14 2:49 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Like Julia says, your body may just not be ready to settle yet!  I wouldn't be too alarmed.  Keep doing what you're doing and see if you keep losing A LOT or if you eventually slow down.  I wish I had this problem! lol

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/14 3:02 am

Okay, you might not believe me....but here goes anyway.  Do nothing, except maybe to increase your protein a bit.  You will eventually (years later) really be happy that you went down below your target range.  Your body will not continue to lose indefinitely, but it might lose past where you would like it to stop.  Eventually, you will fight regain and the extra few pounds lost now will be a seen as a gift.  If you are adamant and really want to stop, just increase the calories through fat increase, it will stop.  I too was tressed about it when I hit 101 lbs. ( I am tiny).  Now, I am really happy I listened to my doctor and simply stayed the course.  You really do have control over this, just eat more calories and you gain, back off the calories and you lose.  :)

Jackie P.
on 7/2/14 4:01 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Thank you everyone. You have never steered me wrong before. I will just keep doing what I am doing and ignore everyone else! Thanks! I'm really not complaining. I love losing. Just don't want to get too sickly-skinny looking!

www.fatfornow.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views