NSVs abound this weekend.

shrinking_sarah
on 7/6/14 10:26 am - CA

First, my "that's it, I'm having wls" moment was tied to not being able to ride some paddle boats and a local amusement park with my son because I was too damned fat.  This weekend at my relative's vacation house, I rode in the paddle boat, took out paddle bikes, swam, and walked a tightrope-like thing (holding another rope to stay upright) without falling in the water (I was the only adult to even try it, other than the guy who brought it).  And this is all 4 weeks out from plastics (I was told Monday I could exercise again and took them at their word this weekend).

I felt tiny in my bathing suit and had a great time, ate lots of protein and veggies, had a few "treats" like homemade ice cream, and am happy to be home.

Two years ago I can't have imagined I'd have participated as much as I did this weekend--I'd have been stuck watching.  Here's to weight loss allowing us to actually live our lives. :)

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

KRISTIN M.
on 7/6/14 11:38 am

Congratulations That's a awesome Victory!

HW  259. Sw 230.  Cw 188  TL 71 M1(-15) M2(-10)M3(-6)M4(-6)M5(-5)

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/14 6:06 pm

How cool is that that you can do all those wonderful things now! That has been my absolute favorite part of losing the weight.

And I will add you look fabulous! Have you gotten used to the girls yet?

shrinking_sarah
on 7/7/14 1:27 am - CA

I'm getting there.  I asked the PA when they'd feel like part of my body, and she said, "Well, it will probably take longer for you since there really wasn't any tissue left.  I mean, you were much more of a reconstruction than an enhancement."

Um, thank you? LOL!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

ravenbrown
on 7/6/14 11:56 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Love this!

Tracy D.
on 7/7/14 12:14 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

All of these are such great NSVs, Sarah!  I'm glad you got to participate in life and enjoy your fun weekend 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views