WOW! Its been 7 years! Love my Sleeve (STILL)! Update - Sorry VERY long! Continued

MercyQ
on 7/16/14 3:16 am, edited 7/16/14 5:27 am - FL

Way too long had to break it down.... 2 out of 3

Female BMI Standards:Overweight = 25–29.9

Just 8 months after WLS, I was almost at 80% goal. I was disciplined, I exercised as much as possible and I watched my nutrition and fluid intake. My surgeon tested my labs every 3 months for the first 18 months and I never had a deficiency. Now my primary tests me annually. To me this is proof that typically, we eat more than necessary to survive. Those of us with the obesity gene can’t resist food. A few short months later I was at goal, I had lost nearly 180 lbs. I was in heaven. I went from a size 30W to a 12/14. I will never be a size 4, ever. I started researching reconstructive surgery at 8 months post op, after almost 20 years of being obese, my skin was not about to bounce back. Some thought that I was too early and may sabotage the remaining weight I had to go, but it worked for me. Pre and post reconstructive surgery I ended up losing nearly 20 lbs., the last 20 came off shortly after.

Researched my surgeons, went to 3 evaluations, UGHHH! Hated it and settled for a surgeon on my insurance list. Except for one of the procedures, they were all covered. Later, the insurance ended up covering all the work, thanks to great documentation from my surgeons coordinator and I only paid deductible and co-insurance, could not complaint. I had my surgeries done in two stages and one revision. Here is my list.

Panniculectomy/Tummy Tuck

Breast lift/reduction

Knew/thigh Liposuction

Blepharoplasty/ Upper eyelids only (after vision fields test showed vision impairment)

Mini eyebrow lift

Neck Lift/Lower face lift (turns out they are both the same)

Want but haven’t had:

Mini thigh lift – My thighs/knees are really bad, but I have reservations about results

Don’t want:

Arm lift – My arms are a little flabby but not horrible, I can live with them this way.

I’m very happy with the results of my reconstructive surgeries, I may still consider the Mini-thigh lift in the future, we’ll see.

MercyQ. This is the Beginning of the Rest of my Life!!

Most Active