5 months already?

mollz007
on 7/20/14 11:56 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hey all. I just realized today is 5 months since surgery. I would post pics but I'm on my kindle right now. Anyway I have gone from a size 2x to a 16 (my size 16 pants that I just bought are already getting loose though) or a large. My weight when I rated my pre op diet on Feb 13 was 293 and my last weigh in was 209. Being so close to weighing under 200 is so surreal to me, I haven't weighed that much since high school. I was just telling my husband that I feel lime I don't deserve all of this. I have this horrible tendency to compare myself to others and I feel like compared to some people on this board, I haven't been sacrificing nearly as.much. I just feel like this has been "too easy" for me, even though the rational me knows that in no way has this been easy. I have simply been given a tool and i am making good use of it. Still, sometimes I just wonder what is the catch, when will the other ball drop. I know that isn't a healthy way of thinking at all, I'm working on it.

My husband and I are on vacation in New Hampshire. Today we went to the beach and we walked over 2 miles and I didn't get tired at all. It was very refreshing actually. Shopping is more fun for me now too. A few days ago I went to TJ Maxx to look for a swim suit. I used to get so frustrated with that store because the plus size is so pathetic, but this time I had SO many more options (not necessarily for swim suits though, they didn't have too many. I refuse to wear a 2 piece because of my scar so that limits my choices more.) I didn't find a suit but I found a really cute dress that made my waist look amazing! I'll post pics when I get to my computer at home. Shoppers is definitely more fun now and there are more options.

check out my blog!

Dawn ..
on 7/20/14 12:15 pm - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi Mollz, you DO deserve this. Congratulations on your loss, you are doing great!

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

weese
on 7/20/14 2:07 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

Moliz, can u believe it...five months ago we were just starting our journey and here we r. It's summer and we r having more fun, less miserable in the heat and shopping in the regular clothes! I wanted this surgery to work but I really wondered if it would, and it has! You so deserve this! The reason it feels "easy" compared to before is because we aren't starving. That allows us to focus on healthy choices, the hunger always won out before. I posted my before and in progress pictures last week, check them out. I'm looking forward to your new pics! Keep the faith sleeve sister!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Amber G.
on 7/21/14 1:30 am
VSG on 04/02/14

You are doing amazing!! Congrats on your 5 months!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views