Weigt Gain

Carlen T.
on 8/7/14 4:07 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Last year, I began caring for my Mother In Law who has dementia. It was a full time job, no breaks and no time to walk or go to water aerobics (my exercises of choice due to a bad back and hip). Long story short - housebound, mild depression and no exercise ended up with a 28 pound weight gain. I found myself eating the wrong foods again and I could kick myself. My MIL no longer lives with us, I could not continue to care for her due to my back issues. I am recommitting myself to this journey. I have started charting my foods again, I am walking an swimming. I know what I did wrong and I am determined to change this! Have any of you experienced weight gain and then gone back on track? If so, any tips or encouragement would be appreciated. I know I have to commit to this and it will not be as easy as it was directly after surgery.

Carlen T        

debk21
on 8/7/14 4:29 am - Mansfield, TX

Yep, it's a lifestyle change and it's definitely For Life. I'm glad you've recommitted and are going back on track. We're here for you every step of the way. You know what to do and have decided to take the bull by the horns and just do it! Congrats and (((Hugs))) to you!

Deb

P.S. Protein over 80 grams, Water at 60-100 oz., take your vitamins, Calories under 1,000, track it all and work that body - You CAN do this!

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Bob-47
on 8/7/14 5:29 am

Good luck to you. I think we need to think of ourselves as we make this journey. I told myself I would take the time to exercise and not feel guilty. A caregivers life has many challenges and thinking of oneself brings feelings of guilt. Glad you are back on track and take the time for yourself, You earned it. Good Luck! 

Scott S.
on 8/7/14 5:37 am - TX

You can do this!

If you haven't read it, Al Roker's book talks about how he regained 50lbs.  Don't feel alone.  I would get the book and get inspired.

You did it once, you can do it again!  Get your rules out and get to work.

VSG: 8/8/13 

Gwen M.
on 8/7/14 6:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

With determination, you can do it!  You've done it once before after all!  :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kerniec
on 8/7/14 7:11 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14

I regained and lost often in the last three years. My revision was a medical necessity and not related to my regain but to make sure I still had a tool once the band was removed. So I know how hard it is to lose the weight when you fall off the wagon. The benefit of WLS is the learned behaviors, the support system, and the mental idea that I did it before I can do it again. 

I hope that helps and it was always a crisis that led me to make bad food choices as well. It is my goal forever to break that cycle this round. 

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

Most Active