Vacation tips?

megan.sherman
on 8/13/14 10:42 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

Heading to Seattle tomorrow for 9 days.  I'm a little nervous about meals, etc.  I plan on going shopping and stocking our mini fridge with protein shakes and I am bringing a small cooler bag to keep water in so that I can keep up with my water intake.

Any other good tips?

cajunlady1958
on 8/13/14 10:47 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just came back from vacation. These are the things I tried to do on vacation: Order small meal from sides menu at restaurants or grilled chicken breast only; at family get togethers look at the whole table before preparing your plate and then go back and pick only a couple of things (ignore the food pushers); and finally don't beat yourself up if you indulge a little after all it is a vacation.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Flygirlmedic
on 8/14/14 2:40 am

I agree. We all work hard for our vacation time and treating ourselves is not always bad. I am getting ready to go to Alaska for 10 days so I have been thinking long and hard about my food choices. For part of the time I will be on a cruise ship, lots of food choices there, so it will just be a matter of making the right ones.

The first few days there I will be in a small area called Coopers Landing. Not sure what we are doing during our stay yet so I really can't plan. My husband and I usually share meals so I know that will be the case here too. The plan is alot of fresh seafood. Good protein and good for you.

Enjoy your vacation, stay hydrated and just be careful.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

Most Active