Too full signal?

Capegin
on 8/16/14 2:07 am

Hi all!  I'm three days post op and trying to learn all of these new feelings I'm getting between my esophagus and stomach.  I'm trying to keep up with my liquids and protein drinks, to ok success I guess. Sometimes when I sip, I almost feel like there's a big painfub bubble about midway down my esophagus.  It goes away after a second or two.  Anyone else have this?  Is that the too full feeling?  Thanks!  -Gin

ElizaM
on 8/16/14 2:26 am
VSG on 07/24/14

I think that sounds more like air that you've swallowed. It's really uncomfortable to swallow air. You may have always done so as you eat or drink but now that there's no room in the stomach for it, it's more uncomfortable. I had to work to develop a way of swallowing that minimized air.

I drank too much water only once, and it felt like I was on the verge of throwing up. I had to take deep breaths until the water went down.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

SATXVSG
on 8/16/14 4:50 am - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

This early, you just stop whenever there is any pain or sensation.  I had the same feeling if I drank a little too much but it will eventually get better.

Surgery Date 04-22-14 HW 2011 388(lost 60lbs on WW, regained 40) Surgery Consult Weight 1/10/14 - 367 SW 357 - CW 9/15 210.

Stalls are your body's way of telling you not to get too cocky.

5K - 1st 59:00(9/14) PR 33:45(9/15)

10K - 1:14(10/15) 1/2 - 1st 3/20/16

kellyomama
on 8/16/14 5:34 am

I think its air bubbles. I get the water in my mouth, the swi**** and exhale out the excess air, then I swallow it in 2 tiny gulps lol! I know what you mean though about not understanding the feelings. I am not sure what's hunger, air bubbles, gas, discomfort, etc. It's very interesting to say the least.  Feel pretty good otherwise?

MissEm1227
on 8/16/14 6:13 am

I agree with the others that it is likely air bubbles.  Your stomach is still healing and it's my understanding it takes four to six weeks to be able to "feel" when you are getting full.  I am eight weeks out and still can't really tell.  The air bubbles are uncomfortable, I experience them still mostly when I eat too fast or take too big of bites.  Best wishes with your recovery!

LSophia
on 8/18/14 7:36 am

I had the sleeve on the 5th of this month and used to have that feeling with every sip. I am also a nurse. It is because there is a lot of swelling yet and it takes a bit of time to pass. I will still get that feeling if I go too fast or take too big a sip. It will get better just keep taking it slow. I find I have the issue with protein drinks if I don't go very very slow with them. Good luck to you. LSophia

Most Active