I'm back

Robin M.
on 9/2/14 2:04 am - Biloxi, MS
VSG on 09/12/13

I'm embarrassed to say I stopped hanging with OH for several months. There was no particular reason. I have continued my weight loss journey. I have done pretty good. My workout schedule is crazy good. I realized this morning that I needed to come back because I needed to be back with people who understand. There are some serious issues going on that my close friends say is jealousy. I have never been in a situation where jealousy is an problem. I have never been "that girl", ya know? Now don't get me wrong, I'm very happily married to a wonderful, supportive fella. He's not the problem. It's the females! The pettiness is unreal. How do you deal with the pettiness??? Maybe I'm not askinga qquestion. Maybe I'm just venting. Maybe I'm just losing my mind. Anybody? 

debk21
on 9/2/14 6:21 am - Mansfield, TX

Welcome back! It's been my experience that people get used to the "old" you and sometimes don't know how to deal with the "new" you. They flounder and have to adjust too. Either give them time to adjust or cut 'em loose if they remain a negative influence in your life. Sometimes it's tough to deal with, but this too, shall pass and you may find that some people you thought of as your "good" friends weren't really that good. Then someone completely unexpected comes along...(((Hugs))) for your frustrations. Good luck!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Gwen M.
on 9/2/14 10:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome back.  What sorts of things are they doing?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Robin M.
on 9/2/14 11:13 am - Biloxi, MS
VSG on 09/12/13

Trust me, I have been trimming the fat in the "friend" department as well. Some of the pettiness have stuff like the fact that I have been sick several times lately with a stomach virus so I have become rather addicted to my germix bottle (I handle alot of money and gloves are cumbersome) anyway, some coworkers hid the bottle. And I mean actually took the time to hide tje bottle. Even the boss was a bit stumped. They seriously act like children. Ever had the group stop talking when you walk in the room? And I'm not narcissistic enough to think they're talking about me, they just don't want me in the conversation. They come in and say hello to each otger and not me. It's nuts. 

Most Active