New here - Surgery date 10/13

linison
on 9/7/14 9:12 am
VSG on 10/13/14 with

Hello all - 

I've been kicking around this idea about WLS for a long time.  I lost almost 100lbs six years ago, and it has slowly come back and brought 20 friends, and refused to go away again.  I worked my ass off with a trainer for 6 months last year and lost all of 10lbs.  Blech.

The clincher for me was my inability to get and stay pregnant.  My OB never gave me the "come to Jesus" about my weight, which I appreciate, but I realize it's a hugh factor in my PCOS and infertility.  My goal is to get to a much healthier weight and have a healthy baby.  

Also I'm just not happy with the way I am.  I feel out of control eating, eat when I'm not hungry, eat things that are bad for me, generally sit in a depression and self-sabotage cycle that's not good for anyone.  I know I can be successful, I just need a kick in the stomach (so to speak) to get me going.  I don't want to do the yo-yo anymore.

So I decided to have the VSG done. Dr. Alvarez is doing my procedure, and I'm excited and nervous.  I'm supposed to do a 25-day liquid diet to try and get my BMI below 52 before surgery, as well as prep my liver and whatnot.  

Any sage words of advice?  Anyone in my boat?

jesswithsuccess
on 9/7/14 9:46 am

Hi. I haven't had surgery yet either. I am very close though. I've gone through all the pre-op stuff and meet with the surgeon in 11 days. I'll get a date soon after. I've also been playing with the idea for a long time. I think it was about 2 years ago that I decided on the sleeve. But I didn't take action until this year. I'm ready. Very ready. No words of advice from me other than keep at it. If its day to day or minute to minute, remind yourself of why you are doing this. It really pulls me through difficult times.

Just wanted to give you a warm welcome!

HW 306.6 lbs    START OF PRE-OP DIET 284.6 lbs     Surgery Day (10/17/14) 270 lbs

W1- 258 lbs    Jan 1st, 2015- 220 lbs

Feb 1st, 2015- 211 lbs      February 15th, 2015- 100 lbs lost from highest (206.6 lbs)

April 6th, 2015 - 190 lbs

Most Active