Stomach shape

dawn4511
on 9/23/14 9:17 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hello all
So i'm on the road from RNY to DS. I was suppose to have had my rny taken down and given a sleeve. My surgeon would only do the DS in 2 stages.

I finally got my appointment with the surgeon to go over my swallow xray test. I go for balloon scope dilation on Mon. I currently have a stricture.

However I'm shocked at the mess of what my stomach looks like.Instead of looking like a banana sleeve shape it's more like a scoop of ice cream on a cone. Instead of taking down the RNY pouch he took the pouch stitched it to a sleeve bottom. So where the sleeve and pouch meet it where the leak was and now the stricture.

Will it look better once the stricture is gone? Won't know until it's done. I asked him what happened to our agreement that the rny would be completely taken down he said it was better for me like this cause there was less cutting and rearranging to recover from.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

emelar
on 9/23/14 9:27 am - TX

How could he manage that?  The part of the pouch that connected to the remnant stomach that he sleeved would be larger - they wouldn't come together evenly.  Did he close off your stoma so that food is passing through your pyloric valve at the bottom of your stomach?  I guess I just don't understand how this was any easier to recover from.  It would have been just as easy to recover from putting the whole stomach back together and doing a proper sleeve.

Sorry to hear about the stricture and leak.  That's no fun.

mickeymantle
on 9/23/14 10:22 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

never heard of doing it that way , and I don't see why you need a ds I think the sleeve would work fine for you < I would wait and see how the sleeve half works for you and then deside if you need the second half

the sleeve started as the first half of the ds and many surgeons found there was no need for the bypass part

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views