Another bump in the road - back surgery #2

acbbrown
on 9/24/14 1:05 am - Granada Hills, CA

Its been almost 2 years of dealing with intense back pain. I had back surgery in May of this year to fix a bad disk that was compressing the nerve. It was successful for all of 2-3 months. Fast forward to now, and the disk is massively bulging and compressing the nerve again, so he has to go back in and try and fix it again. I never had these kinds of problems at 420 lbs which sucks, but I guess thats a good thing. I probably would be completely immobile if I were.

Over the course of dealing with all this and going from an athlete to a couch potato....I ended up gaining ~40 lbs or so. Ive bounced around a 20 lb range over the last year, but being inactive makes it hard for me to lose weight. Well, yesterday I finally got "the talk" from my back surgeon who is ....shall we say, strongly encouraging me to lose 40 lbs.

For the first 18 months after surgery, I felt invincible. OOPS, as it turns out, WLS doesnt fix everything. Life still happens - good and bad. I wish I had better prepared myself for the struggles ive gone through, but still in the end, having the VSG has saved my life.

All i have left is a few prayers that this surgery will relieve the pain permenantly - at least long enough for me to get active and get back in shape. Either way, i know that above all, i have to stop making excuses for gaining weight. Hopefully over the next year, i'll get the extra weight off, and get healthy.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Tracy D.
on 9/24/14 1:27 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh my gosh, Allison - when I read the title of this post I just wanted to cry for you:  "Not again!!"   I'm so sorry you're having to live with this pain again - that completely sucks after everything you went through    You seem to be sporting a very good attitude about it though.  

You are so right:  Life happens to us whether we're fat, fit, married, single, employed or unemployed, rich or poor.  What defines us is how we respond to everything thrown our way.  You are responding beautifully - sending hugs your way 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

acbbrown
on 9/24/14 3:37 am - Granada Hills, CA

Thanks! I asked for a spine replacement but they don't have those yet :-p. just going to hope it will work this time. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ravenbrown
on 9/24/14 1:54 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Oh hon, I'm so sorry you have to go through another back surgery.  I hope this time it gets rid of the pain permanently.  When is the surgery?  Love you, sexy *****

acbbrown
on 9/24/14 3:35 am - Granada Hills, CA

Halloween. I wasn't sure if I should do it but I'd have to wait longer so that's what I'm going to do. Just gotta stay away from the black cats. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ravenbrown
on 9/24/14 4:35 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I would say at least you can recover with Halloween candy, but that's probably not appropriate given the board or the post :)  But you know me! 

acbbrown
on 9/24/14 4:47 am - Granada Hills, CA

I'm glad I'll be drugged and out of it and not tempted by candy...it's not like I would be able to convince anyone to bring me some and I won't be able to drive so I might make it through the holiday with no candy. 

#sogladidonthavekids

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ravenbrown
on 9/24/14 5:05 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm sending you lots of good thoughts and juju for your surgery.  If you're in a narcotic haze and want to druggedly text someone...I'm always available :)  Muah!

Ms Shell
on 9/25/14 9:48 am - Hawthorne, CA

You are one of the strongest women I know...

acbbrown
on 9/25/14 1:42 pm - Granada Hills, CA

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active