A few new NSV's

feels_so_good
on 9/26/14 1:44 pm
VSG on 05/20/14

Odd one first...but when I was lighter I used to suspend myself by bracing myself on the handrails of an isle (think amusement park line queue) or on steps. I was walking up a fire stairwell (NSV all it's own), planted my palms on the railings near the top step and lifted myself up, swinging my legs out in front of me. Before I landed, I was amazed I did it without even thinking - life is getting back to normal :) 

Lowered my steering wheel - AGAIN. Down two notches now :)

All that padding off my back/rear end...I was slipping off my riding mower and couldn't reach the gas pedal - got so bad I got out a wrench and moved the seat up. (Bonus NSV - I not only trim my lawn (3/4 acre) with the hand mower but I've started mowing the hilly part with my hand mower for added exercise).

Tallying the various ways colleagues and friends bring up my weight loss. Directly, subtly, awkwardly, compassionately, excitedly, rudely, admiringly, humorously, creatively, etc... 

I accepted a promotion I had put off at work. It required me moving out from behind my desk job and walking for 3 hours straight from desk to desk helping others problem solve. When I stop at a desk, I have to stand and hunch over - would have killed my back to stand an hunch for 15 seconds pre-op.

It's been 2 years since I invited people over to my house for dinner - did it twice in the last two weeks. 

I used to run my AC about 68 and lower it when the humidity was high or if I had to do something strenuous like wash the dishes or vacuum (smh). My work schedule changed and I never noticed that my thermostat was programmed to 74 on the day I was now home. I even turned off my AC weeks earlier than normal. On the downside I had to turn on the heat one night. 

And so many more... 

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

weeziebeth
on 9/26/14 11:12 pm

These I LOVE! You have done so good-congratulations!

Ihearttennis
on 9/26/14 11:27 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

These are great! When weight loss slows down or you are in a stall it is great to look back on this list of NSV's to see just how far you've come. A few of mine are

-wrapping a towel all the way around me 

-wearing cute shoes and no more foot issues

- not always being the biggest girl in the room

-liking how I look in pictures instead of hiding from the camera

-getting out of the tub or off the floor with ease

- shopping at any clothing store and not just Lane Bryant

- not getting up five times a night to use the restroom

- rarely do I get migraines any more

- fitting into booths with ease

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question