unflavored Protein mix UNJURY or other

anewlife4me8610
on 9/29/14 5:26 am - Lake Oswego, OR

Hello all, I am two weeks post op and I will starting pureed foods this week...I would really like to know if anyone is doing well with UNJURY or other unflavored protein mix??? 

Amy M.
on 9/29/14 5:50 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I have unflavored protein by optimum nutrition that I've tried mixing into several things such as jello, broth, pudding, mashed potatoes,  and oatmeal. No matter what though I could still taste the protein and it was gross. During my pureed stage I mostly stuck to protein shakes, ricotta and cottage cheese, and tuna. 

Jenny S.
on 9/29/14 6:37 am
with

I started my liquid diet today in preparation for surgery 10/14. I have the unjury unflavored protein and mixed it in my diet v8 fusion this morning for breakfast and didn't taste a big difference. It mixes better with a blender than shaking or stirring but thought it was good compared to other brands. You can buy the individual packets with them also to try them out before buying a big container.  I also have their vanilla, chocolate splendor and chicken flavor which tastes just like chicken broth and good for lunch or whenever.  

☆ Jenny

2ndtimesacharm
on 9/29/14 7:17 am

I love my unjury unflavored protein powder 

i put it in my decaf coffee every morning to get that first 21 grams in! 

You cannot taste it at all! 

Just be sure anything hot you put it in is not hotter than 140 degrees 

as it will curdle 

I use a thermometer to test and add ice as need to cool it off a bit 

beldujour
on 9/29/14 9:21 am
VSG on 09/25/14

I'm having good luck with NOW's unflavored whey protein isolate. With a blender bottle it mixes easily with my sugar-free drinks or with warm (not hot) broth. It's available online and in stores -- Amazon has the best price from what I've seen. HTH.

Most Active