Bathing suit and a little whine!

Nmmsg
on 9/29/14 6:35 am
VSG on 07/09/13

We are in Aruba and it is hot. I bought three bathing suits before we came and they all fit well. My husband took my picture and I look at it and think, " I am still fat.  How could that be?"  Anyway, after a good dose of tearing myself down, I pulled up a bathing suit picture from before surgery.  They are posted in my profile since I can't seem to upload them here.  Ok, ok... I can see the difference.

I guess with all the talk of people getting plastic surgery I have been feeling less than I should.  It is not in the cards for me.  We do not have the money; I am 65 and feel I should be grateful for what I have been given and my son almost died from his.  

On the positive side, despite the heat,  I am able to walk and enjoy it and feel lovely in my sundress. In normal clothes, I don't seem to feel the angst I did with the bathing suit.  I have also noticed that many people weigh a lot more than me and are in very small sizes.  I am 5'2" & usually wear a 12 petite - sometimes  a 10p.  

Thanks friends, for listening.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Michele H.
on 9/29/14 6:47 am, edited 9/29/14 7:09 am - NJ

There is a substantial difference between the two photos!!!  Great job. Bathing suits are tough, can't.t hide much...lol.  I opted for a tankini top and swim shirts.  Can't hide the saggy arms but I felt better with thighs covered.

LOVE Aruba....enjoy

Michele

Nmmsg
on 9/29/14 8:58 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I also bought one tankini.  My arms aren't too bad.  The lower and abdomen and thighs - not so good.  However, all my parts are in working order and I am grateful for that.  

Thanks-

Nancy

FemFatale
on 9/29/14 7:39 am

Bathing suits....dreadful inventions. LOL.

plastics weighs on my mind too. But you are right on in giving yourself a pat on the back! You have come SOO far. If you see the difference....then you are on the right track. Changing one's way of thinking is a large process in weight loss or so i hear...i noticed that as I read the fact you had to go back and look at old pics. when we look at ourselves in the mirror...we just see exactly that. because we see ourselves more than anyone...its hard to see the 'difference' and still look at ourselves the same.

I hope you enjoy Aruba!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/14 8:59 am - Canada

Nancy, there is a huge difference!  You look really great!

Bathing suits suck, I don't care who you are!  My secret suggestion for wanting to feel more elegant in anything is to wear a heal.  It doesn't have to be much but a strappy sandle (1/2") will make you stand taller and you will feel better.  With the changes our bodies have gone through I have noticed I have to consciously straighten my spine.  Too many years of my body being distorted by fat has actually cause my back and hips to be misaligned and I stand a little off.  As soon as I straighten my spine I feel suddenly better about myself.  It's all just a mind game but heck if it works.

So I've now given you an excuse to shoe shop lol...tell your hubby it's legitimate and medically necessary :p

Enjoy your vacation!  I'm so jealous, it must be so nice a warm there.

Nmmsg
on 9/29/14 9:02 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Thanks, Michelle.  I have had several foot surgeries but can wear a modest heel and I often do.  I really just whining today.  Generally I am pretty happy about everything.

Ihearttennis
on 9/29/14 12:51 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

You have made great progress and you look fantastic.  Big difference in the bathing suit photos.  Enjoy your vacay!!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Nmmsg
on 9/29/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Thank you- keeping positive and moving on from the whine.

skeller
on 9/29/14 12:58 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

I don't know about you, Nancy, but I sometimes catch myself being disappointed because my weight loss efforts haven't suddenly turned back the clock and made me 18 years old again. I have to remind myself to be excited to be heading in the direction of being my best 56-year-old self, and sometimes that's darned hard to take!

I'm thinking you look awesome and healthy, both in and out of a swimsuit. Good job!

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

Nmmsg
on 9/29/14 9:57 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I think the thought of my many years wasted being trapped with my weight makes me sad.  In reality this has been such a gift.  I am truly happier, can keep up with my 2 year old grandson and feel well everyday- no complaints.  In life that is a lot.  I left my job and opened my own business.  We are still struggling financially because of that but I do see the light.  So like anyone else, I have plenty on my plate but mostly feel I can deal with it. I am mentally and physically stronger thanks to the sleeve.

Thanks-

Nancy

Most Active