I dont feel anything

Missourimedic
on 10/10/14 12:32 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Well I am 4 days post op and I don't feel anything right now. I don't feel hungry, don't feel full, don't have any pain, and worse of all have all kinds of grazing problems today. I was so weak this morning when I woke up. I had been only having 100 cals a day since the surgery and it all started to get to me, the weakness, the light headedness and the blurred vision. So what did I do I eat, I drank, I grazed all night tonight after dinner. for a total of 1200 cals for the day. I am such a loser, a failure and what a waste, yes I am down 33 pounds but what the hell why cant I get my head wrapped around this?? I am so tired of being fat and over weight, with people that I thought were my friends say mean things behind my back about my weight. I just am tired of it all, I have no support other than what is here on this form. the people that I live with eat normal food even though they are overweight and have been banded and had it released. If I could just stop the grazing would I be better? Why don't I get sick when I graze?

Gwen M.
on 10/10/14 12:39 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Please get yourself to a therapist.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sleevarilla
on 10/10/14 12:46 pm, edited 10/10/14 12:48 pm

Second what Gwen said. If you're eating (4 days post-op?) when you aren't feeling hunger, that is head hunger and this surgery will never fix that.

What can you graze on 4 days post-op? I was still on clear liquids, transitioning to full liquids.

By the way, calling yourself a loser isn't going to help either. If you are truly tired of being overweight, then - to be blunt - you're going to have to do what it takes to not be overweight. I don't understand why you would expect to feel sick? Other than doing possible damage by eating while your stomach is freshly out of surgery, this surgery isn't magic. It isn't easy. It's damn difficult. You still have to tell yourself no. You still have to take responsibility for your choices. Nobody can do any of this for you. You have to take control, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Missourimedic
on 10/10/14 1:01 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

I have my appointment next week with the therapist. I am on full liquids as of day 3 post op and have been have all liquids and not solids.  

Sammy D.
on 10/10/14 1:10 pm, edited 10/10/14 1:14 pm - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

May I suggest replacing some of the liquids with water so your calorie intake will be lower. Right now even at 4 days your focus should be water intake more than food intake. Dude you got this. I followed your pre op diet and you rocked. I am at my second day of a 4 week pre op diet and seeing you make it through that yourself inspired me. Seeing you doing well post op as far as pain goes, reassures me things will be okay. Dude like I said you Got this. You will feel that restriction soon enough.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

STEVE-CIMMY
on 10/10/14 1:33 pm

you'll feel the restriction soon enough. I could barely drink liquids at your stage. I'm 10 months out and it gets better everyday. I eat to live, not live to eat now. I've found a whole new life and you will too. Hang in there.

VSG 12/11/2013 - HW 395LBS. - SW 372.8LBS. - CW 317.6LBS. - GW 195LBS. PRE-OP:-29.4M1:-21.2, M2: -16.8, M3: -8.2

roseygirl
on 10/10/14 1:48 pm, edited 10/10/14 1:49 pm

You aren't alone. I am 8 days out and as soon as the pain went away and we're going to see a movie I am sneakimg a few fries and craving m n m's. I had an epiphany tonight. Is up to me mentally to make the right choices. When I'm annoyed that i can't eat as much as i used to i think well just wait till later and you can have more. WRONG! That is the kind of thinking that got me here. 

We didn't have surgery on our heads and it may take some time to learn new habits. Don't beat yourself up just be on the lookout for old habits that aren't helpful and try to remind yourself of why following the vsg rules are what you want. Fall of the horse and hop right back on. And 1200 calories pre surgery is still low. Don't sweat it. Tomorrow is a new day.

one last thought... i find that if I'm hungry i will eat anything and what i reach for is usually junk. So i have to stick to eat every 3 hours I'm awake or the hunger monster may creep in. I don't know about this whole hunger goes away for the beginning. By day 5 of liquids i was ravenous! My hunger is muted but by no means gone.

wrwolf
on 10/10/14 2:24 pm - Bloomingdale, Uganda

My go-to when I'm really hungry is vegetable crackers and cheese.  Don't forget the protein.  I can only eat 4 at a time.  Some days I'm hungry all day and nibble.  I almost always put protein in there.  My husband makes a killer beef stew that is a go-to also.  We try to make it every week or so.  The little packages of microwave Kraft dinner help.  You may not be able to eat a whole one.  Watch out eating too fast since macaroni slides down so easily.  Hormel makes really nice microwave meals.  I love the turkey and dressing.  I eat it in two sittings over a day.  I had the sleeve done March 6th and I'm down 55 pounds now.   I can't exercise much since I have a frozen shoulder so weights are pretty much out, but I do what I can.  I plateau'd at about 35 lbs too and it was a royal pain.  All of a sudden the weight let go and I started dropping again.  Give it time.

Ottawa - Referral - May 2012. Information meeting - July 20.  Nurse practitioner - Jan 9th 2013. Behaviourist and Dietician - Feb 25. Ultrasound - Apr 18. Dietician graduation - May 15th! Scope - Aug 9th. Pre-op clinic Nov 27,Meet Dr. Mamazza Dec 2. Surgery date Mar 7th 2014 with Dr. Mamazza

Holli R.
on 10/10/14 3:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 09/16/14

Liquids go straight through your sleeve (just like they did your stomach), so even when your nerves have grown back, there won't be any restriction to stop you from ingesting massive amounts of liquid calories (which is why all dieticians warn against liquid calories - they won't fill you up).  I assume you've heard the phrase 'eating around your surgery'?  This situation you've encountered is exactly what they're talking about: there are always loopholes that will bypass the restrictions the surgery has put into place for us.

How did you take in 1200 calories worth of liquids in a day?  I would guess some of those liquids were not plan friendly - can you get rid of those from your household?  Also, are you measuring things before you eat?  When I was on full liquids, my dietician suggested that for everything other than my daily protein shakes, I should limit my serving size to half a cup.

Are you drinking your protein shakes?  When I was drinking 2 a day, they took me so long to drink that I found I only had time for one other meal.  They should give you enough calories and protein to satisfy your daily needs at this early stage.

Lastly, weakness and low energy are normal after surgery, but lightheadedness and blurred vision aren't.  Sounds like either low blood sugar or dehydration.  Work on increasing your water intake - it's crucial at this point after surgery.  And if you continue to feel that way, I'd suggest talking to your surgeon or your primary care doctor about it.  Your body's fragile right now, and it's better to catch any problems sooner than later.

Height: 5'0"  HW: 289  SW: 279  

Next Goal: under 250 lbs

wellzen
on 10/10/14 4:55 pm

You are NOT a loser or a failure. Have you been getting your fluids in? You need to call you primary doc. and find out why you are lightheaded and having blurry vision. Are you on any meds that need to be adjusted? Did they give you an eating plan before you left Mexico?  Are there things you like to do that you can distract yourself with? Take a walk after dinner tonight. You can do this. I was impressed by the way you followed you pre-op diet.

Wellzen   VSG 9/8/14  SW 261 

Most Active