Bowel changes 4 months after surgery??

sdkitty
on 10/13/14 2:03 am

I'm nearly 4 months out and I've had constipation the entire time. Even on the liquid diet..I have been lucky to go once a week and I've basically dealt with constipation my entire life, it is just worse now.

For the past 2 weeks though, I've had horrible loose stools. It is diarrhea, but I'm not going every day (probably every 3 days). When I do, it is really bad..and I go multiple times a day when I do (like 3 times already this morning). There is no holding it, when the feeling hits I have to run to the bathroom immediately. This is miserable. Does anyone know what's going on? I haven't changed what I'm eating or anything like that. :(

LeapSecond
on 10/13/14 3:13 am - AR

It is very common to be constipated first then develop diarrhea.  The liquid stool can go around the hard stool. I would not be afraid to go to your doctor with this.  They can either feel or xray and see how backed up you are.  I use miralax and fiber to TRY to keep everything going.  Hope this helps.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Tracy D.
on 10/13/14 4:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Are you taking any medications for Type 2 diabetes?   What about other vitamins/supplements?  Sounds like your gut bacteria got all out of whack somehow.   If you can't pinpoint the problem perhaps start eating yogurt and taking a probiotic.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Blithe1212
on 10/13/14 6:02 am
VSG on 03/05/14

Sometimes nexium can cause loose stools. Also if you have a blockage of hard stool only loose watery stool can come out. I would call the doctor. 

sdkitty
on 10/13/14 8:55 am

I'm only on a daily multi vitamin and omeprazole. I've been on the omeprazole for about 15 years..

Most Active