Gallbladder trouble....

Twinsinsept.
on 10/14/14 8:47 am
VSG on 05/06/14

I know this is a recurring subject, so I'll be short and sweet. 

Pain in upper right ribcage for about 6 weeks. Now has spread to my shoulder blade and front right shoulder. 

Pain was mostly at night, now is almost constant. Not excruciating, but nagging and distracting. 

Intermittently frequent diahrea (sorry)

indegestion, I think. Tightness in chest with burping after meals. 

Sleeve was May 6th and I'm down approx 75 lbs. I met with my surgeons physician assistant and she ordered a gb ultrasound which didn't show gallstones, and a gallbladder ejection fraction test which I had today. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow at 9 am for the results. 

Is it possible to have these symptoms and have them determine that it's NOT my gallbladder?  If it's not gallbladder, what else could it be? 

Is 5-6 months post op typical for gallbladders to fail?  

If you had yours removed, how hard was the surgery?    

Any other comments/input welcome!!

thanks so much!!

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

Dawn ..
on 10/14/14 9:29 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

I had mine out back in early 2001. It was removed laparoscopically with no problems whatsoever.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

trin123
on 10/14/14 11:39 am

I heard it can sometimes happen after the surgery but luckily I already had mine out laproscope 3 years before. I hope you feel better.

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

Jennsumner722
on 10/14/14 11:40 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

I just had mine removed about 6 weeks ago no problems whatsoever! 

LML8789
on 10/15/14 7:07 am

I had some indigestion over the last months since surgery (10 1/2 months ago) but no pain.  and then, I had a major gallbladder attack two weeks ago--lasted 20 hours and it was the worse pain I've ever had.  They did a few tests and it was my gallbladder (not only gallstones but it was inflamed as well)--they removed it two weeks ago today.  I was a little sore after surgery--apparently my gallbladder was in bad shape and it ruptured during surgery.  I went back to work (work at a desk) 1 week later.  I feel fine--a little sore still and I get tired by the end of the day but overall the recovery is easier than my vsg (which was pretty good as well).  Good luck--honestly I felt so much better after it was out---Lisa

Valerie G.
on 10/16/14 12:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Many gallbladders have to go within 2 years post op...which is why I don't understand why they aren't proactive about it.  I'm thankful that mine was, and removed my GB as well as appendix during my DS.  That way if I get an acute pain they can eliminate those right off.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Twinsinsept.
on 10/16/14 1:34 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

Thanks for all of the replies. Well, my hida scan came out at 67%, so it's not my gallbladder. However they did find 2 kidney stones on that side, so today I went to the urologist. He did more scans and he said my area of pain does not correlate with the kidney stones. He ordered a CT scan for tomorrow morning and he's looking at the whole picture. 

TMI...  

Im wondering if this could possibly be excess gas?  The pain is under both rib cages, goes around to my lower back and radiates up into my shoulders. Isn't where gas collects after surgery?  I took several doses of gas x today and tonight I do think I feel better.  Any thoughts on this??

Thanks guys!!

HW: 345. CW 272

Most Active