The Last Supper

November18
on 10/21/14 5:15 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Hi, everyone! I start my 2 week pre-op diet on November 4th. Yesterday I had several pre-op tests and have tests again Thursday and Friday. My problem is I'm getting excited and nervous because it's really going to happen, and all I want to do is eat!!! Thinking of all the foods I may never eat again! Next week I am going on a trip to New Orleans (this was booked by my husband way before I decided to do WLS). I'm afraid I'm going to pig out on both food and drink. I'm trying to get myself under control!! Any suggestions?

Bonnie

mickeymantle
on 10/21/14 5:21 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

just eat a small amount of the great food ,

there is no food that you will not be able to eat after the  surgery ( after you heal )

just foods that are a better choice, It is mostly about portion size and getting enough protein , sea food is great and most meats and veggies 

carbs you will have to watch but if you eat your protein first there will not be room for much

enjoy your vacation and try to relax , just eat reasonably

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

November18
on 10/21/14 8:16 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better! Probably just nerves getting the best of me. It is really helpful to read everyone's stories and questions on this site.

Bonnie

Kim N.
on 10/21/14 6:06 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Love, love, love GATOR.....it tastes just like chicken....Seriously Gator has a ton of protein.  Just don't eat all the breading!  And whatever you do stay away from CAFE DU MONDE !!!!!!  The beignets will pack on the pounds.  HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION....

BorderCollieMama

November18
on 10/21/14 8:52 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks for the advice! I will look forward to the gator and seafood down there. Have to think......hopefully this is my last "FAT" vacation.

Bonnie

jclopez
on 10/21/14 8:09 am

I start my pre-op diet on the 27th!  Surgery is on November 10th. Im going to continue to eat healthy this week. And then eat whatever I want on the weekend then start my pre -op diet on Monday. 

November18
on 10/21/14 8:54 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks! Sounds like a good plan! Good Luck with everything! Hope to follow your journey.

Bonnie

Most Active