Scared

Mme0x
on 10/28/14 12:30 am - Ocala, FL

Today I'm scared. I am preop VSG. Date is dec 9th. I know risks are associated with this and any surgery , I'm just scared. I do not want this decision to be thrown back at me in the worst way possible. I want to do this to Better my life not make it worst. Also, been reading peoples complications ahhhh

trin123
on 10/28/14 1:05 am

Best thing to do is not read stuff on the internet besides save OH. No one reports stuff on the internet if everything went well. Most people *****port stuff on the internet are people who are angry because it did not go right. You have to take this with a grain of salt. That is why I learned in stats class that polls taken on the internet are invalid because they are usually one sided and the people taking it have something to gain. The same goes with this kind of stuff. If you have picked a good doctor just trust in him and know that you have a very minor chance of having complications. With that being said there are complications but like I said they are very small. I had mine on Sept 24th and have already lost a reasonable amount of weight. I am glad I did it and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

Mme0x
on 10/28/14 1:26 am - Ocala, FL

Thank you! This is what I needs to be reading. Who was your dr?

trin123
on 10/29/14 1:40 am

Dr. Marsden based in Dallas Texas. He was very good and held my hand all the way into the surgery...like literally.

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

anewlife4me8610
on 10/28/14 1:21 am - Lake Oswego, OR

My best advice is to stop reading that stuff. This is how I saw it...I could have chosen to NOT do it, then 10 years from now suffered from the effects of all my weight related issues....and had no quality of life for all the ten years anyway....I spent so much time being afraid, and I had ZERO complications and I am 6 weeks post op now and feeling fantastic!!! 

Mme0x
on 10/28/14 1:27 am - Ocala, FL

Thank you! I needed to hear this! Who was your dr

ShawnaMC
on 10/28/14 2:22 am

I agree with Trin. People don't always take the time to write things when they're HAPPY with a situation. People really like to b*tch and moan when they're unhappy though, they want to share their unhappiness. I have two friends who had the sleeve, and so do I. No complications. One friend was 400 lbs when she had it even. Just do everything your doctor tells you to and you'll be on the right track. Do the diets and stop the things he wants you to stop, exercise, get used to the new life you're going to have to live after this. You'll be glad you did!

Instagram

diane S.
on 10/28/14 4:15 am

look for success stories here on oh.  there are loads of them. read my blog for one.  i had an easy surgery and recovery.    complications are rare.  once you are through it you will wonder why you were worried.   D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Gwen M.
on 10/28/14 6:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

People definitely tend to post more when there are issues.  Check out my blog - you can see that my life is pretty boring post-op :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Cheshire54
on 10/28/14 10:02 am

I really needed to read all your comments right now.  I am scared too!  My surgery is scheduled for Monday.  Am I doing the right thing?  Will I be able to handle it?  I've already had one melt down and that was on the 5th day of this damn liver shrinking diet.  Been doing better since it is now day 9 but I am finding that I don't even want to eat anything.

Most Active