Does anyone use a juicer?

claricey
on 10/28/14 10:26 pm

I know juices can be high in carbs due to the natural sugars but I am really craving some whole fruit nutrition.  I am on the brink of getting a nasty cold that is passing through my house and would love to break out my juicer.  Does anyone have any recipes they can share?  Thanks in advance!

Luvmygs
on 10/29/14 12:37 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I don't like flu season. Drink plenty of fluids and always wash your hands. I even go around the hosue and wipe down handles, frig door and etc with Lysol wipes. Take some extra Vitamin C. I always keep Emergen-C or Cold-Eeze spray in the house to prevent me from getting sick. Good luck.

Valerie G.
on 10/29/14 12:55 am, edited 10/29/14 12:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If the symptoms haven't settled in yet, eat a clove of garlic ASAP.  You can cut it in half and swallow like a pill.  Take another tomorrow morning.  It's a homeopathic trick I learned more than a decade ago and have only been tapped by a cold a handful ot times and that's usually because I didn't have any garlic.  I carry garlic pills with me once I started traveling for work.  It never got me with those either, but the real deal is much cheaper.

Also, Vitamin D and Zinc are immunity boosters.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 10/29/14 3:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Juicing - especially fruit - is going to sabotage your weight loss.  If you're lacking Vitamin C then take an extra supplement for that.  Save juicing for when you hit maintenance.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

claricey
on 10/29/14 4:36 am

Thanks for the responses!  I did actually get some garlic and roasted it and will continue on to make a soup out of it.  

happyteacher
on 10/31/14 10:21 am

I am a believer when it comes to juicing for improved health- but I am really, really lazy about making it. When I was feeling crappy due to cancer related crap I would make the following concoction.... it makes a lot though, as my husband and daughter would have a large glass also.

Greens- kale, beet greens, a little parsley, spinach

2 carrots

a couple tomatoes (cherry, grape- small size, or 1 regular size)

1 lemon including the rind

1 apple 

celery

I use enough greens that this comes out a green murky color. I can't stand it without the lemon- some type of citrus to lighten it up. When I juiced regularly (4-5 times a week, 1 glass in the morning about 12 ounces or so) my labs improved, my skin improved (a big deal for me as I have skin cancer- less irritation on the skin is a good thing), I stopped getting sick, etc. If someone would make it for me I would drink a glass a day. 

Careful though- calories abound in this. In my case when I was in weight loss mode I built it into my regimen- but it is not triggery for me (or at least not when I was doing it back then). Just google juicer recipes- there are a ton out there. I think for me the combo of the greens and citrus is what really helped. 

I don't like using my vitamix for it. I can't stand thick juice- but my friend uses her Ninja and likes that a lot. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

claricey
on 10/31/14 10:56 pm

Thank you so much HappyTeacher!  This was exactly the kind of info I was looking for! 

Most Active