Inter- abdominal fat?

SuziAck
on 10/30/14 10:39 am

I told my surgeon I was worried about excess skin after i lose the weight.  He said he didn't think I would have a problem, because my fat was "inter abdominal" and I didn't have rolls.  Has anyone else heard anything like that?  I have about 100 pounds to lose.  thanks.

Jls8877
on 10/30/14 11:43 am

I'm not sure exactly what he means but I carried a lot of weight around my middle. (Presurgery 265, current wgt 143- Surgery date 8/23/2012), 5'8" tall. I do have excess abdominal skin but it is easily covered with shape wear. I would like a tummy tuck and breast lift but don't NEED it w/clothes on.

Tracy D.
on 10/31/14 1:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hmmm, that's an interesting theory but I don't buy it.  Doesn't matter if you have inter-abdominal fat (the kind that resides within the muscle) or adipose fat (the kind that resides on top of muscle and causes rolls).  If you have gotten bigger and are 100 lbs. overweight you have grown extra skin to cover your bulk...and that skin doesn't evaporate when you lose weight.  

However, people who are younger, taller, darker skinned and haven't been obese for decades have a MUCH better shot at the skin snapping back in better fashion.  I hope you have all of these things going for you 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active