6 month Mark

meant2b03582
on 11/1/14 8:59 pm - Lewiston, ME

I was wondering how much people have lost at their 6 month mark. I had the vertical sleeve and have lost 80 pounds. I have 62/65 more to go. I am just curious how much at this 6 month mark have lost. I know everyone loses differently for may reason but still curious. It's so hard not knowing where you stand on track or if you aren't hitting the mark

Prosperitybl2me
on 11/1/14 9:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi...First A BIG congratulations on your weight loss already! That is fantastic and I'm sure you are feeling so much better :)...To be honest, like you said you know that every one loses differently based on health, weight and simply how our body's work. I can see how it may be disheartening to you not know if you are, as you said "hitting" the mark. I don't think there is one. I think we spend months adjusting, learning and figuring out how our body's work again and have to figure out what to shift next in order to keep loosing. Just stay encouraged, stay true to yourself and keep doing what you are doing and you will drop your remaining weight. Just think, you've lost that much already!! and even if it does take maybe a little longer to get rid of the rest and it may not, we carried weight for a long time...it will go! Best wishes to your success.

meant2b03582
on 11/1/14 9:45 pm - Lewiston, ME

Thank you so much. I most certainly feel ALOT better than before the surgery. I have so much more energy now. I use to take naps all the time and now maybe twice a month. It certainly is a big adjustment but i would do it again in a heartbeat. I have went from a size 34 pant to a 18 and now some 16's are fitting too. I would love to be in a size 14 by the new year...that is my goal!! Thank you once again

Prosperitybl2me
on 11/1/14 10:02 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/23/14

You are very welcome!! I'm so happy for you and it's always such a big encouragement to me to see others be so successful in their journey! You'll get there I'm sure you will :)...I can't wait until I can get to my "comfortable" spot, I'm just a little over a month post op and learning all of my adjustments, looking forward to the future...I'll send you a friend request, I would love to stay in touch and see how you are :)

Gwen M.
on 11/2/14 7:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I lost about 75 pounds during my first 6 months post-op.  I've never worried about "being on track" because I know that I'm losing weight and creeping toward my goal.  I'm on MY track, and that track is going in the right direction.  That's really all that matters.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

meant2b03582
on 11/2/14 7:54 am - Lewiston, ME

Thank you.....I was really ahead of schedule at my 3 month but think i have flattened out now. I am now in a size 18 jean and some 16's. My goal is to try and be in a size 14 by January 1st....not sure if that is too much but if it happens it does and if it dont i am fine with that too. Ive came a long ways in 6 months and i am proud of myself.

Cindy B.
on 11/2/14 8:31 am
VSG on 10/22/12

First of all, I want to tell you you're doing fantastic! My weight loss was pretty fast and steady. My restriction was extremely tight in the beginning and I was only able to eat a couple of ounces a day in the first 6 months and almost always stayed around 500-600 calories a day. I lost about 90 pounds by the time I hit 6 months. I was also very strict in staying on track and didn't "cheat". I was super close to goal at that point. I was a very steady loser and had very few weeks I didn't average a 3-4 pound loss. It's very hard not to, but try not to compare yourself to others. As long as you're heading in the right direction, it really doesn't matter how fast you get there. I know that's easier said than done. :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

meant2b03582
on 11/2/14 8:55 am - Lewiston, ME

Yeah, there are several reasons people lose at different speeds. I know medical reasons, stalls, how much weight a person has to lose, ect. I am glad to see that i am in the general area within 10 pounds of everyone. I have been going through some personal issues for about 3 months so all in all I think i have done good with all the stress and issues. I am going to try and get back on track starting tomorrow....I know i can do it :)

Cindy B.
on 11/2/14 9:32 am
VSG on 10/22/12

Keep it up! Before you know it you'll be at goal! :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

Amber G.
on 11/2/14 9:05 am, edited 11/2/14 9:05 am
VSG on 04/02/14

You are doing great! I am right at the 7 month mark, and have been at the same weight for the last month. I started at 268, and am not at 191 = 77 lost. I have had many stalls along the way. We will get there though! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views