My liver function test is very high and my white blood cells are high NERVOUS

purplequeeny
on 11/14/14 1:34 am - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

I went to doctor wednesday...was diagnosed with thrush (it is so painful).  She did labs on me while I was there.  Called today and said my white blood count is high and my liver function test is very high and they have me scheduled for an ultra scan of liver next week.  I do not have a gall bladder.  I havent had any pain and i'm doing great.  Anyone else had this or know what could be going on.  I'm very nervous.  I'm 5 months out.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

Valerie G.
on 11/14/14 3:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're probably losing weight like a freight train about now, right?

That rapid loss is a strain on the liver, so it's probably nothing to be concerned about, but if the doc wants to be absolutely sure, let him test.  This is also a reminder of WHY you shouldn't imbibe in alcoholic beverages in this phase - and risk permanent damage to the already-strained liver.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ElizaM
on 11/14/14 5:41 am
VSG on 07/24/14

My liver function tests are high as well. My doctor is sending me to a hepatologist. I suspect it's what Valerie says and not much to worry about.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Most Active