Needing Some Advice.

Loaf
on 11/19/14 10:37 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Hi Everybody. I am new to the VSG forum. I usually post in the Ontario side of things. But looking for some advice from some expert Sleevers.

Had my VSG on Oct 31, 2014. Including my two Weeks of Opti-Fast. I am down a total of 29.4 Lbs.

This puts me at 3 weeks post op tomorrow and starting week 4 of my diet plan on Sunday.

So I have started introducing hummus and tuna and Melba toast into my diet. Which compared to Soup is a freaking God Send.

I am doing about 450-650 Cals a day right now, getting my 60 Grams of protein and 2 liters of water a day is not an issue.

One thing I have learned is that the 3 week stall appears to be true. I have been sitting at 313 for about a week now. Which is killing me. I figured that I would have lost a lot more than 30 LBS by now. (Well I was hoping)

I Guess that I was hoping for quicker results.   But I guess it took me a while to get this big, its not going to go away fast as much as I wi**** would.

What is really concerning me is that I do not seem to have any issues. I can drink all the water I want, does not seem to bother Steve (Steve the sleeve) at all. I have never really had any issues with tolerating anything. Even the first day post op, I was not struggling with the water in any way. I actually got sick of drinking out of the measuring cups and keeping an eye on the clock.

Any new food that I have been putting in has not given me any issues. Other than scrambled eggs, they sat very heavy but did not give me any real issues. I feel almost like the Dr. did not do anything to me. His personal Halloween Joke on me.

It just seems too easy.. that is my concern, I do not ever plan to binge on Taco Bell or Burger king again but the fact that I am not having any issues tolerating anything is troublesome. Should it be this easy?  I am just worried that because it is easy, that I am going to fail… And that’s the last thing I want to do.

Are these feelings normal?  Has anybody else experienced similar feelings?

Valerie G.
on 11/19/14 10:46 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's perfectly okay that it's that easy.  Just thank your lucky stars for the blessing.  I think much has to do with preparedness ahead of time, with a small portion being plain luck, too.

For me, I also found it easy (I'm a Halloween DS baby - 9 yrs ago) for working in foods.  I went in expecting a few challenges, and wasn't let down when I found them.  I just re-evaluated, backed off and tried again later. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/19/14 10:48 pm - MI

I'm a month tomorrow and I'm having feelings. I haven't had foamies yet and my stomach has tolerated everything I have given it. I'm on soft food right now. I do measure everything and I don't eat more than 3 ounces of food or 4 ounces of soups, yogurt, etc at a time. I'm not freaked out yet because from what other have posted our never endings haven't fully healed yet. Once they heal we may feel righter restriction. I see my surgeon today and I'm going to mention it to him! Good luck.

Tracy D.
on 11/19/14 11:01 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Yes, it's fine for it to be this "easy".  Keep in mind that the nerves in your cut stomach haven't healed yet and it will be a different story once that happens.  But I don't remember having any huge issues with water either and at the 3 week mark I was drinking normally again.  

The only problems with food I had in the beginning was anything that was too greasy.  And that was my own fault because I advanced my diet too quickly.  

Make sure that you are measuring and weighing everything and not eating more because it's so "easy".  Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, OK? 

You're off to a great start 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jiliana2
on 11/19/14 11:03 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Like you, I am a sleever in Ontario.

Congrats on being on the bench and on such fantastic loss thus far! Doing great! Congrats too on making it to the hummus and melba toast. I remember how that felt after weeks and weeks of liquids and soft stuff. Chewing is a novelty!

Like you, at the three week post-op stage, I was at about 500-600 calories and all my water (80+ oz) and I was told to up my protein to about 75 g or so, at least. I continued to drink a protein shake (and still today, do the same thing) in the morning for breakfast to ensure I get my protein in.

Drinking water didn't bother me at that stage either. It wasn't a problem at all.

The three-week stall was VERY real for me. I hit it like a brick wall and it stuck with me for three weeks. But in that time I measured all my food as I was required to, and I kept on track with water and vitamins. And I took some photos of myself and I took my measurements too... and saw that there were definitely still some BIG changes going on, even if the scale hadn't shown it! Eventually my stall broke, and I continued on down. I've run into a few stalls along the way. But they always seem to mean that things are shifting on my body and moving into better places. So far, so good. Keep your chin up and keep following your plan.

But yes, keep measuring and weighing your food. That's really important. Like you I thought, "I'll be the only person this doesn't work for" and I too was wrong.

I didn't hit any snags or trouble. I had really smooth sailing all the way, thus far (knock on wood) and I'm very grateful for that.

You're doing everything right. Just keep on keepin' on. And trust the process. It will work for you too. (Oh, and friend me if you want to! Always good to have folks to talk to!)

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Twinsmom03
on 11/19/14 11:44 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

I had surgery one day before you (3 weeks ago today) and like you have never had an issue with anything I've taken in. The only thing is my MVI, I have to choke that down twice a day and get very nauseated. I can drink as many fluids as I want and although I am still on puréed for another week, I have had no problems with anything. I think some of us just got lucky. I look through these forums at some of the complications some are having and my heart goes out to them. My mini incisions are practically invisible already also.

I'm down 14 since surgery and 27 since the start of my 2 week pre- op diet. Just be thankful! I certainly am!

Belle Ink
on 11/20/14 12:11 am

You are lucky and blessed. I had my surgery 9/4/14. I haven't had much trouble with any foods either, no foamies or hiccups or any vomiting. The first month of weightloss for me seemed slower than I thought it should, but since then I have learned I have some weeks where I don't lose any and other weeks where I drop an insane amount of weight. Last week was my monthly and I lost 13 pounds in 7 days!! That is insane, but I will take it and it makes the days/weeks with little to no loss a little easier to endure.

TruemansMom
on 11/20/14 1:11 am
VSG on 06/24/13

I'm way further out than you but it sounds like you are doing everything right. Super good job.

I personally think the 3 week stall is our body's way of making us stop and think and help us break the habit of getting on the scale everyday. Measurements can keep chaning even if the scale doesn't move. Get your tape measure out and check once in a while.

Continued good luck on your progress.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

Kinde
on 11/20/14 1:40 am

Congratulations on your weight loss and that you are not having issues.  I had my surgery 2 months ago and I struggle with water, food, pills....ugh! BUT things are getting better! Don't worry about the stall it will go away after 7-9 days, it happened to me when I added food.  Good luck with your continued loss.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/20/14 3:05 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It's a blessing to not have any issues, your feelings are totally normal, but at 3 weeks out you stomach is still healing so you can't trust it for awhile so just stay on plan & you should do just fine. I'm a heavyweight & often wished I'd lose weight faster but it's a process & stalls definitely makes me practice more patience! Good luck on your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active