Been awhile since I've been on here

busboss1
on 11/30/14 2:58 am
VSG on 12/18/12

I will be at my 2 year mark in just a few weeks, Dec. 18th. The sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself. I got through all I needed to do and was actually scheduled to have my surgery in October BUT I was scared and I put it off until December, thinking I would have more time to heal and not have to be off work so long. Ha! I didn't really need to do that but I didn't know it then. I weighed in at 244 pounds when I began my journey. I ended up down to 144 and even though I though 140 would be MY OWN goal, my surgeon's goal for me was 150, I AM SO HAPPY! I actually run now and play with my grand kids, take the dog a walk and life is good. Before, I could barely walk and when I did, I was in pain from arthritis in my knees and feet. Today is my 54 birthday and I am happy! I still count my calories on myfitnesspal and I bought a jawbone UP to keep track of my sleep and activity. If you are worried, DON'T BE! Have a great day and a great Christmas!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Luvmygs
on 11/30/14 3:05 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your WL!!! I think this is the first time I've read someone out further than 1 year. Of course, I haven't been on this site too long. So happy to hear about successes!!! Keep up your good work. Christine

busboss1
on 11/30/14 9:09 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Thank you.

Wildnwonderful
on 11/30/14 3:35 am

Great job!!! My date is the 17th and I am a little nervous. Good to hear I really don't need to be.

busboss1
on 11/30/14 9:12 am
VSG on 12/18/12

I think surgery makes us nervous no matter what it is. Good Luck on the 17th! Get ready for a wonderful change in your life. The first 9 months out for me was the best loss. After that, it is all about how much YOU want it. I still count my calories. I am NOT going back where I came from. If you're willing to change your lifestyle, you'll do great!

Kim N.
on 11/30/14 6:28 am
VSG on 12/08/14

THANK YOU so much for your post.  It's wonderful to hear your success story.  I weigh exactly what you did when you had surgery.  I can't wait to be healthy and a good weight....  Dec. 8th is coming quickly and I'm a little nervous, oh heck, I'm a lot nervous but very determined.  Kim

BorderCollieMama

busboss1
on 11/30/14 9:15 am
VSG on 12/18/12

I was the same as you; DETERMINED! As I told the last woman, the first 9 months for me was easy. After that it's up to you to change your lifestyle. My GP forced me to see a therapist since I had lost in the past and gained it all back. That was the second best thing I ever did. Good luck to you on the 8th!! Let me know how it goes!

Most Active